Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun Purchase in NY, gets held up by FEDS???? >

Gun Purchase in NY, gets held up by FEDS????

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Purchase in NY, gets held up by FEDS????

Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gun Purchase in NY, gets held up by FEDS????

ORIGINAL: Kirch

So if I ever have a boy I should name him jr : )
Name him Sue.

Tom
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

reading through this post makes me feel like a darn criminal. I'm not a bad guy honest, I just love hunting
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 PM

i agree bud. i just turned 21 and tried to buy a pistol. well i got put on hold as well because i have a pending marijuana possession charge SEPT 10, so i must wait for that to pass 1st. i already talked to prosecutor and hes oputting me on STET, but i guess the court date has to go thru 1st. i already did my community service and i put my 100 down on the gun, so as soon as SETP 11 comes (not the best date lol) i will grab my baby from the store. whats weird is, i think even if i did have the marijuana charge, like if i got it a year ago and it was permanently on my record, they wouldnt stop me from buying it because its not a felony. so why would they need to hold it up now? maybe any and all pending court cases must be resolved completly before being qualified. its pretty weird
Old 08-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

One was a felony, but it got dropped. No were domestic violence. So I'm wondering where the red flag is.
There's one red flag right there. Doesn't matter if it got dropped.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

fastshootigcarts,
That's not fair. You can be charged with anything. someone can slip, hit their face on the curb, then tell cops you punched them when you did nothing wrong. However, you'll be charged until you prove you didn't do it. So I disagree.
Granted i should have hit a guy that didn't do anything to me. But when I see someone hit a female I snap. I'd do it again if I saw it again.
anyway, I've got my new gun and that's all that matters I guess. But it would have been nice to know what exactly was the red flag.

does anyone have the number for NICS in New York?

Old 08-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

They will give you a list of 10 or 12 'possible' reasons for the delay, not the specific one that held you up. I never had one delayed until I moved to another state a couple of years ago. Now I get a delay every time.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tourangeaud

Could be someone with a simalar name who is directly impacting your application. This happens to a friend of mine who is a Jr. Sr. was a bad man back in the day. Impacts Jr. everytime he fill out the back ground check.
This is what I was thinking also - your name or SSAN may be similar to some bad guy's......
Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 AM

It could be the state of New York trying to come up with a way to add more tax.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tourangeaud

Could be someone with a simalar name who is directly impacting your application. This happens to a friend of mine who is a Jr. Sr. was a bad man back in the day. Impacts Jr. everytime he fill out the back ground check.

This happened to me when I had to renew my Illinois FOID card. They enter your name into a computer and it brings up your name and then other names spelled similar. I finally got mine straighted out 3 weeks before deer season a few years ago.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:43 AM

fastshootigcarts,
That's not fair. So I disagree.
And Who ever told you that life was fair? You know you do the crime you do the time.You where a hot headwhen you where young same as me.You done some things that you probably shouldn't have, same as me. You've got flagged for you indiscretion when you where young. Now, you have to wait 5 days to get guns,because, you have a history of being violentin the heat of the moment.Now the feds don't want you to get pissed, stomp into a store to buy a shotgun and blow some guys head off that Just back handed his girlfriend. You have no felony convictions so you are entitled to gun ownership so after the waiting period you get them.

I'm not saying its fair. We all done stupid stuff when we were kids. You are probably an upstanding man now. Most of us outgrow our indiscretion, but then again some of us don't. Its the way it is, fair or not, I don't think you can do much about it.

Quick Reply: Gun Purchase in NY, gets held up by FEDS????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.