Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Shoot Don't Shoot scenario "The Quickie Mart" >

Shoot Don't Shoot scenario "The Quickie Mart"

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shoot Don't Shoot scenario "The Quickie Mart"

Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoot Don't Shoot scenario "The Quickie Mart"

In the scenerio described, I would draw my weapon. Chances are, I'm smarter, more prepared and thinking more clearly than the bad guy!What happened next would depend onhim! If he made me shoot,I would shoot to kill. With Fred as my backup, chances would be good, I would not even go to jail.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Great job Fred! When Fred made eye contact with me, the robber would most likely instinctively turn his head to see what Fred was eyeballing. By the time I'd taken aim, I would have shot his knee caps... or the general area. He is an immediate threat to me... I'm not sure if shooting him without reasoning first is against the law, but I'm not about to try to reason with him; its my life I'm dealing withhere. I could get shot in the process. A shot below the waste is not attempted murder, so thats what I would do. I'm cant tell you what I'd do next... it depends. Will he drop to the floor and release the weapon? Will he drop to the floor and NOT drop the weapon and aim at me?

A tough scenario, I'll give ya that Matt!
The prosecuting attorney just ate your attorney for lunch. If you intentionally shot to the lower part of the body you weren't in fear for your life. You have officially injured someone unnecessarily. You are screwed.

Sucks but likely true.

Tom
Old 08-17-2007, 07:10 AM

I'm not going to say what I would do or not do, but I will tell you this: If any of you do pull the trigger, when you get in that court room,you shot to disable him or you shot to protect your own life or you shot to stop his assault. Never, and I stress NEVER say you "shot to kill"

Just my 2 cents
Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought it would be interesting to see how our concealed carry membersmight react when faced with certain situations, what should they do? What are they legally able to do? What would YOU do?

Matt, I don't think anyone can TELL you what they'd do under those circumstances until they've actually been in such circumstances and have had a chance to SEE what their reaction is! The same goes for combat situations.

There's many a hero who said "IF, THEN I'D....." and then when "IF" became "IS", their reaction was entirely different than what they SAID they'd do! Some did well, others didn't! If one is well-trained for such encounters, then one is likely to react as he/she was trained to do. If one is UNTRAINED and inexperienced in such encounters, what happens next is unpredictable. In such a scenario, you just don't have time to think about what to do, and choose from among several alternatives!

"The best plan in the world doesn't survive first contact with the enemy"!!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I have always been taught, if you pull a weapon on a person, you better use it.........They can take it away from you and kill you in self defence with your own weapon.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Oklahoma we have the make my day law, and I believe this would qualify. The perp has the ability to kill Fred, and potentially me, I'm not waiting to find out. I would unload on him and be done with it. You see, at the end of the day I'm going home, and poor Fred shouldn't be at the hands of some thug.

As the old saying goes, it's better to be Judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Seriously though, that is why our law was created if I truly believed the man would shoot Fred or myself I wouldn't hesitate. Now, it is a different scenario if the perp is 15???????????
Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 AM

This is going to sound cold as hell to some, but 15 doesn't change anything. A real gun, is a real gun, and it doesn't matter who pulls the trigger,an adult, or a 15 year old kid.the result is still the same. That might make living with it harder, but I am not willing to get shot just beacuse they look 15. I said it before, if they are robbing a store, and using a gun to do it, commiting this illegal violent crime, then why would you believe that they won't use that gun. Age has nothing to do with it.

Lets look at a little history:

Colombine....need I say more

Seems that those kids shot execution style here recently in the news, one of their shooters was a teen age kid. Just food for thought.

I used to be an Army recruiter outside of oakland, a guy I was working with was shot shortly after i left recruiting duty and wasn't able to join. The shooter, some little punk gangbanger.

TO eldequello: you're right in saying,none of us knowhowwe will react in this situation. But regardless of age, itis stillthe innocent vs the criminal, which is why I BELIEVE I could still shoot. Lord, I hope that I never have to find out.

TO robbcaman: i agree, it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am certainly prepare to say I would take some sort of cover and tell him to drop it. If there was ANY other movement I would squeeze a minimum of 3 starting at center mass and going up (neck - head).

BUT! A couple of things factor in ............

1. Exactly what kind of scratch off tickets are we talking about here?

2. Has Fred ever tried to overcharge me or short change me?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I am unfortunately not a CCW holder yet because our county sheriff is a pain in...
But, based on my 20 years in the military there would be no doubt. As soon as the robber's gun was safely turned off of Fred, I'd double tap to the chest.
The surveillance video would vindicate you.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 AM

No one can say for sure what they'll do!!!! Until you are put in that situation...

Quick Reply: Shoot Don't Shoot scenario "The Quickie Mart"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.