Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 01-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-01-2003, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What Load Would you say

I would use the .270 unless you are expecting shots over 400 yards. And if so can you hit the vitals on a deer past that range every time? Not saying you can't, just asking. Don't really see the need for a cartrige like the STW unless hunting pronghorns or planes deer, even then the .270 will still reach out there far enough. For deer size game I would use the Nosler BT 140gr or 130gr schrocco.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you relaod, I would use the Barnes X bullet either 130X or 140 grain X. If you don,t relaod the look for Winchester Ballistic silver tip. Federal loads some X bullets in thier premium line as well as Noster and Bearclaw bullets. Any of these loads would be perfect. I always look for Winchester Silvertips If I have to buy ammo. I have not shao any factory loads for years until this year. I had to borrow my wifes 250-3000 for deer season and I didn,t have time to load any so I picked up a box of Silvertips. Made a nice one shot kill on a big mule deer. Those were 100 grain bullets.

Old 01-02-2003, 03:56 AM

i would go with a good 130gr. premium bullet for your 270win. sighted in at 200yds you will be 6.7" +/- at 300yds. the TBBC's would be a ideal bullet.or the sierra gameking's SPBT ( which i used this year on a buck at 50yds ) worked great.

as for a pick between the 7mmSTW or the 270win. go with whatever you feel comfortable shooting. but if it was me and if i had the $$$ good enough excuse to buy another toy