Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tell Me What You Think >

Tell Me What You Think

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tell Me What You Think

Old 07-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Tell Me What You Think

I bought this a couple of weeks ago.It is a Savage "Weather Warrior" 16FSS in 22-250. For optics I chose the Bushnell Banner "Dusk and Dawn" 6-18x50AO. Thanks.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Spike

Default RE: Tell Me What You Think

Nice! I would have gone with black rings, but it's a good looking gun. Coyotes beware? My most accurate rifle is my Savage 10FP. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one shoots well too.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

good lookin rifle...

personally i like the black scope and stainless rings...one thing about the rings though...they look a bit high. not sure if you tried the next size or 2 smaller or not...but it looks like they could definently be lower. they say the lower the better...i never tested that...i always try to keep mine as low as i can...with a 50mm lens it'll still be high..but not AS high...

hows it shoot?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:53 PM

In reply to the rings, I like the stainless black contrast plus later I can geta "stainless" scope if I want. As far as thembeing too high, I just told the guy at the local shop to do his thing. I will tell you tomorrow how it shoots. Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have that rifle in a .300wm.I changed the stock to a laminate and I really like it now.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:05 AM

I would have suggested a better scope, but a nice set up at any rate. I'm not rich either and those dusk to dawns are decent scopes for the money.

Paul
Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think for accuracy, the Savage is hard to beat. The Banner is not a particularly high-quality scope, (used to be the bottom of the Bushnell line) but every one of them I have used worked OK. I have never used such a high-mag Bushnell, however, and it is at those high magnifications that optical quality becomes very noticeable! In addition parallax adjustment must be very preciseat the high mags.

OK, it's 7/8/07! How did it shoot??
Old 07-08-2007, 07:29 PM

I am very happy, this rifle is very accurate. 5 shot group at100 yards about an inch and a half, three of them were in a line touching!!! That was in a cross wind that was getting pretty gusty. I expect nothing less from Savage. The Banner is a very pleasant surprise, very clear and great magnification. Thanks