Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Varmit Bi-pod selection >

Varmit Bi-pod selection

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Varmit Bi-pod selection

Old 12-26-2002, 03:04 PM

Default Varmit Bi-pod selection

Well gentlemen,

Christmas was outstanding to me, my wife bought me a 22-250 for varmit hunting. Hell ya!

Now I am looking for a good bi-pod that pans and tilts, is there anything out there besides the Harris and the B-square. I am 25 inches at the seated position, so the legs do not have to be over 27" tall.

Happy Hunter
Old 12-26-2002, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Varmit Bi-pod selection

2 Lunger,
I have 2 Harris pods, one that tilts and one doesn't. I like the one that doesn't tilt, the one that swivels seems a little unstable. The Harris bipods are well made and worth the money. I haven't used a B-Square, if their bipods are like some of their other products. I'd pass on them. Brownells sells one that you might be interested in, but it's quite pricey. I think it's a Parker Hale, but not for sure.

Rem. 222
Old 12-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both Cabelas and Midway have the Caldwell that has the pivot and cant, I bought one, it's cheaper than the b2 or the Harris. For quality I feel you can't go wrong with the Harris.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

personaly i don't think you can go wrong with any harris bypod.from what i hear the b-squares arn't very good.you say you want one to use from the sitting position.let me say this,any by pod with extendable legs that are extended all the way lose alot of stability.what i do to combat this is,use my harris from the prone position only.when the snow is deep or the ground is wet(this gets very uncomfortable when shooting prone) i use shooting sticks from the seated position.shooting sticks that i made out of 7/16 inch wooden dowls.i trimmed them down to 39 inches,ground points on the bottoms and put two rubber bands 6 inches down from the top,then camo painted them gray-black.these are just as steady as the harris,maybe even a little more and cost less then two bucks to make.just some thing to think about.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is also the Versa Pod and Snipe Pod. I have the Versa Pod and like it. It serves my needs and was around $60. The Snipe Pod looks pretty cool, but has a price tag close to $175.

. . . Rob

Old 01-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I've not noticed a problem sitting up with my Harris at the 27" setting. I like to sit with my back against a tree maybe that helps the stability. I use the one without the pan/tilt but don't have an opinion on it since I don't own one. The Harris people know what they're doing.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:51 AM

I have several harris pods,Buy the one that doesnt tilt alot more stable.cant go wrong with a Harris