Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington 700 CDL SF >

Remington 700 CDL SF

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 CDL SF

Old 07-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington 700 CDL SF

Does anyone have any reviews on this gun? It is next on my list.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Remington 700 CDL SF

It's definitely one of the sharpest looking guns out there. Its function can't be off from myown 700swhich are very accurate, and have a solid, smooth action. Buy with confidence; I'm sure you will be very pleased with it.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i have been looking for a new deer rifle, and i was very confident that the remington 700 BDL would soon be in my hands. BUT, i have been looking at forums and reviews about all 700 models, and many have been having defects. atleast 1 out of 30 reviews, the person says their brand new (or old) 700 fired when switching the safety off, or when they close the bolt. as for me, my father owns a remington 700 BDL. it is the best looking gun and probably the most accurate i have ever seen. again, BUT, when i was hunting with my dad in 2001, a mature 12 pt. walked out about 200 yds in front of our stand. my dad took aim, pulled the trigger, and nothing happened. my dad unshouldered the gun, was trying to figure out what the problem was, and it went off! back in october last year, my dad wanted me to sight his 700 in for him. so i took it to the range, completely forgetting about the problem. with many people there, it turned into a very dangerous situation. i took aim, pulled the trigger, and again, nothing happened. i knew what was about to come, so i just held the gun firm to my shoulder for atleast 30 seconds. i unshouldered the gun, tried to turn the safe on, but it was stuck. i was afraid to open bolt fearing it would fire as i were opening the action. i was still fiddeling with the safety when it went off. everyone was looking at me likei shouldnt be handling a firearm. (this is probably why my uncle gave my dad this gun)also in 2001, a mother accidently killed her 9 year old son when she turned the safety off to unload the gun (she shouldnt have pointed the gun in her sons direction in the first place). All im sayin is, it would be a perfect rifle if it werent for the defect. i would recommend the browning a-bolt or the ruger M77 Mark 2; as for me, im getting the BAR LongTrac.Sorry this was so long, but i stress my opinion.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 PM

I bought one earlier this year in 7 Rem Mag and I couldn't be more pleased. It shoots well, the recoil is tame due to the R3 pad, and fit and finish is superb. It has the new X Mark Pro trigger which adjusted to a smooth 3lb creep-free pull. The only thing I didn't like was the price[:@]but that pain went away after the first range session. To the poster above, chances are really good that someone who didn't know what they're doing adjusted that trigger. Most likely there's not enough sear engagement. Hose it out really good with brake cleaner and either give it a shade more sear engagement or take it to a smith who can do it for you.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:14 PM

I received a 700 CDL 260 Limited Edition. Leupold SS Scope included. Great action, very acurate at long range. I am using Remmington Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded cartridges. I find that they perform the best of anything Ive tried. Barrel disapates the heat very well.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

I think its a great looking rifle, but I will not purchase a wood stock. I have 3 Model 700's, all synthetic stocks, and all great performers.