Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 shooting the 22lr >

shooting the 22lr

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

shooting the 22lr

Old 06-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default shooting the 22lr

anyone else just have a ball shooting a 22lr??? dont see many people other than kids shooting 22lrs...

yesterday i got my new scope for the groundhog rig and mounted it...then i had a cheapo 4-12 scope laying around...hmmm

i had a tasco 4x on my marlin 22 bolt action...figured why not?? mounted that and took it with me...and a 50rd box of CCI stingers...

id shot a round from the 22-250 then the next bench i had the 22 setup to shoot while the 250 cooled. man was i having a ball. that gun shoots some impressive groups, always has...and i has having a blast shooting the swinging plate targets at 150yds. no loud boom...no recoil...cheap...i was just having a blast...

and i also love to shoot my buckmark pistol...just a fun little gun to plink and target shoot with...

but i rarely ever see anyone shooting a rimfire at the range...just wondering if any of you guys were like me...and cant get enough of it...
Old 06-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shooting the 22lr

Right here.

I shoot a Marlin auto-loading .22, it's with a tubular magazine, 18 rounds, and boy is that thing a ball! Get to play "Rambo" for awhileshooting the empty ammo brick, lol.

And lots of fun shooting empty shotgun shells.

Just be sure to check the screws on the rimfires, after lots of firing, they do come loose, once, a screw fell out, and almost every darn screw in the rifle was about to pop off.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I rediscovered the joy of shooting .22rimfire while teaching classes and preparing for matches and now have went full circle back to shooting .22s as much as anything else.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been known to shoot a few, I'm no kid at 47

Marlin Model 99 M1
Marlin 39A Golden
Remington 552 Speedmaster
Smith and Wesson 422
and although it's not a 22 but still a rimfire, a Remington 597 17HMR
Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 PM

I bought a bolt action Romanian training rifle in 22lr 4 years ago. The thing has the worst trigger you can imagine, but it will shoot a really tight group if you treat it right. Whenever I go to the range, I shoot 20 - 30 rounds out of it before I touch my other guns. It makes me concentrate on the shot more than my other guns. Best 40 bucks I ever spent on a gun.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:14 PM

i just bought a walther p22, and it is so much fun. in three months, i have put more rounds through that gun than i think i have shot out of any gun i own, maybe with the exception of my 10-22. I love shooting it, and it is great practice for the bigger handguns, i helps get me used to the shot going off, and has improved my ability to keep from flinching before the shot, which helps accuracy a lot. I love it, .22's def are the best.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 AM

I love shooting my .22 over any other of my guns, unless its trap or skeet shooting. I have a 10/22 and the semi automatic does make me shoot a little to fast and not focus, but boy is it fun. Im getting the savage mark II-GL (being a southpaw) and cant wait. I go to the range mainly to shoot my .22 and the shoot the bigger guns after that. Then i go back to my .22. haha
Old 07-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

We go through a couple bricks a weekend with our Ruger Mark II pistols. We also play around alot with our .22 rifles.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a bunch of 10/22's a few Marlins and a couple other .22's not including the handguns. Each gets used. .22lr is just a really fun and low cost round to shoot.
I also don't see alot of ppl shooting it. Maybe it's not a big tough-guy round?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

Got a bunch of 10/22's a few Marlins and a couple other .22's not including the handguns. Each gets used. .22lr is just a really fun and low cost round to shoot.
I also don't see alot of ppl shooting it. Maybe it's not a big tough-guy round?

Funny you would say that, i was at the range a while back shooting my P22, and after i was there a while, the guys in the lane next to me said "Hey you can shoot some of our guns if you want." Almost like they felt sorry for me cause i was just shooting a 22. I thought it was kind of funny. I told them i had a .40 in the truck, but the .22 was what i was shooting that day. I still shot there guns though since they offered. First time shooting a .40 Carbine and a .357 Magnum, both of which i now want. LOL.

Quick Reply: shooting the 22lr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.