Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 burris scopes >

burris scopes

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

burris scopes

Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default burris scopes

im looking to buy a good scope for my remington 700 SPS Varmint in .22-250 probably the end of the month. i been looking at Burris Fullfield II 6.5-20x50mm or the burris Fullfield II tactical 6.5-20x50mm. both fit the bill...i really dont know what the difference is besides the tactical knobs and OD green finish(which would match my OD Green stock nicely...

though i cant get OD green sunshades, i can get matte black that will fit either one....dont really matter to me...

they sound like good quality scopes...the tactical is roughly 100$ more..

any word on them?? good decision??? looking for a solid, clear, good groundhog scope...

if i choose one or the other would it be a BAD decision??

also...what retical would be best?? i can get pretty much anything from fine plex to millidots etc etc....

my range varies from 50yds out to as far as i wanna shoot...which will be as far as i have a safe backstop once i get used to the 250...

any info?? looking to stay around 550 or less....

any other recomendations or features to look for when shopping etc etc post em...i really never bought a GOOD scope before...

thanx guys...
Old 06-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: burris scopes

Burris makes a good quality scope. Some others to think of would be a high end Leupold or I've had good luck with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24 with mil-dot on my 22-250. Some like Nikon which is a good choice. This should all be right around your price range.

I seen a Burris scope the other day that came with a free Gps, not a bad deal there either.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:36 PM

Burris makesexcellent scopes IMHO....I wouldn't care much for matching the green knobs.....the dead critters sure don't care. Just make sure you match it up with the Burris Standard Signature rings with the teflon or whatever inserts. They grip like crazy and won't damage your expensive scopes. Regards, Rick.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...im pretty set on a Burris. i own leupolds..i like them alot...but to get a high magnification leupold with a 50mm object is out of my price leauge..but the burris is right about where i want. pretty sure 20x will be enough....or should i go 8-32x i really think 20 will be plenty...dont have much shootin passed 500 or so....

i think the 50mm objective is the way to go...exspecially on 20x tryin to find a hungry groundhog that keeps moving around...

dont know if i will go with the tactical fullfield II or the fullfield II i cant figure out the 100$ price difference except "tactical knobs"

i dont really care about the green matching or anything...the tactical is OD green and so is my stock...the caps on the tactical are black matte soa matte sunshade will still look good...and match my matte barrel...i really dont care about matching and looks...but dishing out that kinda cash i might as well have a rig i can look at and say "man thats a great lookin rig!"

hopefully 3 weeks or so i'll have my scope...we will see how the paychecks roll in...

lots of good scopes out there...but the more i hear about burris the more i think i'll be happy with it...just cant decide between the tactical and the FFII..i can get either with pretty much any retical, the FFII i can get target knobs on...think i'll call Burris and see what they can tell me....i know no shops around here have either to look at...just make sure i order somewhere i can return it easily if incase i dont like it...i cant wait....

now to figure out the .22-250 and how to shoot long range hogs with it....killed one out at 175 on saturday...not bad for just shooting the rifle for the first time saturday!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I boughts a Fuilfield II several years ago and put it on my 270. Many dead deer didnt know the difference. Mine's a 3x9x40 so cannt speak for the one your looking at but for the price I was very happy with the quality/performance.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx silver wolf

actually considering/leaning towards the signiture series 6-24x44mm now...for a hair more it sounds like an even better scope....and the 44mm should be big enough and i can keep my rings lower...

we will see what paychecks bring me....figure if i dont put good glass on it this summer i might as well sell it coz i'll never get around to it...dad agrees if i didnt plan on spending 500+ for a scope i shouldnt have bought it...the gun really deserves a GOOD scope...i cant wait...it'll be a really good shootin rifle...already shoots good with a junk scope on it

there wont be anymore aiming at the groundhogs...it will be aiming at a spot on a groundhog on 24x