Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 h&r Ultra Varmint Fluted >

h&r Ultra Varmint Fluted

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

h&r Ultra Varmint Fluted

Old 05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default h&r Ultra Varmint Fluted

anyone ever shoot/handle/own a h&r ultra varmint fluted rifle?? the one with the skeleton stock. if i cant find any other 22-250s i like i may order one of them.

i hear good stuff about the handi-rifles. good accuracy and triggers...might not be fancy or anything..but im just looking for a good shooter.

im going to look for used 70s or 700s first..but if i cant find one i may order the handi rifle. just wondering how that stock feels..looks kinda funky...and how they shoot if anyone has any expirience with that gun...or handi rifles accuracy and performace period...for the price i still cant believe the reviews i read lol..but then again a basic single shot rifle wouldnt cost a whole lot to make and produce...

i heard the stock is a Choate and the barrels are green mountain. both of which are usually good at what they make...

going to head to the shop this week or saturday if i dont get off work early and see what he has...if nothing then i'll most likely end up with a handi-rifle if i keep reading good reviews..
Old 05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: h&r Ultra Varmint Fluted

nevermind...i found my gun. going to buy it tomarrow...im in love. its a remington 700 sps varmint in 22-250. dicks sporting goods has them with an OD green stock and 4-12 remington scope for 520! looks like any other 700 ive ever played with...the stock is kinda ugly...but i liked how it felt. thats all that matters. scope is most likely junk...but it was pretty dang clear and im used to shooting a leupold...figure it'll get me by for the time being.

dad said better go buy it...put it on your credit card if you have to and pay it off by the end of the month lol.

already found a harris bipod for 58$ that adjust from 13-23" perfect height for sitting shots. i cant say i do much laying down in the groundhog fields. cant wait!!

i hate spending money before i own the money....but i cant let that slip away and then not beable to find the rifle in 2 weeks when i have the cash...no biggie...credit card bill will come and i'll pay it in full...

man i feel like a little kid...heck...thatll be the first NEW rifle i ever bought! bought myself 2 used guns...dad gave me the rest of my arsenol..

we both were talking today..at the same time we both said i am better off buying a new gun in that caliber...buying used you run a good chance of getting someones burnt out barrel...