Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 EOTech Issue on AR >

EOTech Issue on AR

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

EOTech Issue on AR

Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 AM
bigcountry

Default EOTech Issue on AR

Ok, here's the deal. We buy 1 million dollar optical test sets off a company. Well, the saleman is also a gunnut like myself. He also is a dealer on the side. He did me right and sold me a 9V EoTech holo sight for $200. Its used but works great. I took off my carry handle on my Bushmaster A3 Carbine, and thrown this EOTEch on. Now my front post sight completely blocks the dot.

How do I deal with this? It seems the front post is pressure fitted on. I don't see a way to take off. How would i mount it higher?

Old 05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: EOTech Issue on AR

BC,

The only thing I can think of is a sight mount made by B-Square. It isn't the greatest but it will mount the sight high enoug to clear the front post. It is also removable. I have one and it has never failed me other than to loosen up every 50-75 rounds or so. It is quick release.

I think those eotech's normally go on the new fancy AR's that don't have any posts and have all the rails and such.

Tom
Old 05-16-2007, 09:10 AM
bigcountry

I have found a few block risers. One from Bushmaster, another from sportsman warehouse. Thanks for replying.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 AM

Have you tried www.perfectunion.com?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look on ar15.com and see if they have a solution.I'm thinking of taking my front siteoff my ar and putting the gas block with flipup site....same deal how's it come off,new gas blocks have set screws.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're going to want to pay the bucks and buy a high mount riser, if not for a clear sight picture, but for head position and shootability..

I tried going cheap a few weeks ago and mounted a a spare 3x9x40 scope on my A3 using tall Weaver rings, under magnification, the front sight tower was only a shadow, but the scope was just way to low to shoot comfortably.

You might want to try Badger Ordinace as well, I'm pretty sure they make a ring for mounting the eotech, but once again, they are expensive.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

There should be 2 roll pins on your front sight post that you can pop out, and slide the front sight off over your barrel (you will have to remove your flash hider as well). I installed a 4 way rail on my RRA when I did this, so if I ever get the funds to blow on a new front flipup sight I'll be ready to go.

Before

After

Good choice on the EOTech you are going to love it! It's the ultimate AR sight if you ask me. Works great out of the pickup window on coyotes and jackrabbits
Old 05-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey BC,

Before you consider removing the front site on your AR consider what it is that you use an AR for. First you'd use it for fun and plink to you hearts content. However after a while it will just sit in your safe collecting dust waiting for the "day" when the $hit hits the fan. Do you want a gun that has no fixed site if that day should come? Batteries die but fixed sites always work.

Tom
Old 05-17-2007, 08:25 AM
bigcountry

I definately don't want an AR without the front sight.

I found several riser blocks for sale. They only raise it 1/2". I would like for it to be a full 1". But then cheekinging might be an issue. The 1/2" will raise the holo circle over the front post, but I will be able to see the front post. Not sure what to do yet. Wish I could try them out.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:56 PM

Check out Brownells. They have some risers that'll bring the EOTech up 3/4", 1", or 1 1/4".

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=23115&title=AR-15%2fM16%2fM4%2fCAR-15%2fAR-10+MODULAR+FLATTOP+RISER+MOUNT+SYSTEM

Quick Reply: EOTech Issue on AR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.