Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Is there such a thing as an affordable Bennelli? >

Is there such a thing as an affordable Bennelli?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is there such a thing as an affordable Bennelli?

Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 AM

Default RE: Is there such a thing as an affordable Bennelli?

Just get a stoeger and save $1000.00, lol. I have one and it rocks. Never jams, works when wet and muddy, and I could use it for a paddle if I had to! And its inertia driven. Thats what you are pating for with a Benneli anyways.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: younggun243

My uncle has a Charles Daly, and it works good, since it's very versatile, he uses it on turkey, ducks, and upland. Only problem I have is that I bonk myself in the nose when I shoot it if I'm not careful, actually, when I shot my turkey, that happened, but I didn't notice, I just thought, "Hey, that's one way to knock snot out of your nose!"

Is the Stoeger 2000 versatile? If so, I might just get one in black synthetic, so that it camos enough for hunting turkey, and it looks stylish enough for upland.
It's funny that you say stylish "enough" for upland. Lol.

I go to the trap range with my camo stoeger and I get the stangest looks. Then when I beat or match these guys with $1k+ guns they all stop and take a look. A few even ask about it.

Tom
Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

Stoeger M2000 with a Tom Napp sight you can't go wrong.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks alot for all the replies, I'll definately look into that Stoeger 2000, I won't be buying a shotgun till' next year, earliest, since I need to get more deer hunting supplies this fall with my money.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are affordable. If you hunt, and hunt a lot (especially waterfowl), then $1400 shouldn't be but a drop in the bucket for you when you think about it.

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

Actually, Stoeger is owned by Benelli and yes they use the same inertia system found in Benelli's higher priced models. Stoeger is to Benelli like Tikka is to Sako. My brother-in-law owns a Benelli and I own a Stoeger. The only difference I can see is the stock design. As for function of the gun it's great.
Acctually, you're wrong.

Stoeger is IMPORTED by Benelli USA. Stoeger owns stoeger, although it is a fair bet that Stoeger wouldn't be quite as good off if Benelli hadn't taken them under wing. So I guess you could say (depending on how you look at it) Benelli is at least a small stakeholder in Stoeger.

The stoegers are good guns (at least the 2000 is). Fit and finish is not quite as nice, and quality control isn't either, but the Inertia design is pretty simple, and thats what is inside the Stoeger.

Benelli owns the patent on the Inertia system, so Stoeger is paying them royalties for it. I doubt if Stoeger is making much $ on them, likely just using Benelli to get their name some recognition and to sell those poorly made SxSs and O/Us they make (at least, they are poor for most double guns, but color me a bit snobbish).

As others have said, watch the used market. Lots of folks abandoning old M-1s and S-90s in favor of the new Comfort-tech models. I passed on a 24" Super 90, nearly NIB with five tubes for $599 about a year ago. Would have made a decent turkey gun for the girlfriend in hindsight, but she hadn't shown up yet.