Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

375-Ruger

Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 PM

Default RE: 375-Ruger

ORIGINAL: ColoradoElk

The 375 Ruger is abrand new case, notbased on any previous design so it is unique in that respect. Additionally, this is the first standard length action that is "Africa DG Legal", another first. Lastly, the Hawkeye series is a definate improvement over the RSM and previous M77. I went with the African model over the Alaska because I wanted the longer barrel.

Also, the elimination of the beltis an improvement AND the cartridge isnot a magnum,rather a lowly cartridge that any 7mm Rem rifle can be modified to shoot.

The 375 Ruger can certainly be reloaded to surpass H&H ballistics and when I look at gun prices, I am not aware of anyone producing a new 375 H&H for anywhere close to $900, unless you want a soldered-bolt green laminate rifle. If you were in considering the purchase of a .375 diameter firearm, other than fear of losing your luggage, why would you choose the H&H over the Ruger?

Good luck,
CE
I can name 3 rifles chambered in .375 H&H that are around $900, the Ruger #1, the CZ 550 American Safari, and the Savage 116FSS