Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Check it out >

Check it out

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Check it out

Old 03-26-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9RN_iSKtg

http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/content/view/47/45/
Old 03-26-2007, 04:50 PM

Default RE: Check it out

wow thats great. ive never seen something like that on tv.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 PM

John Stossel is one of my favorite all time reporters. I highly recommend his book "Give Me A Break".
Old 03-26-2007, 11:03 PM

an armed society IS a polite society. in my opinion, if every one was armed there would be alot less crime. who's going to rob you if they know you and everyone around you is armed. i am a leo and i firmley believe that everyone needs some type of protection. this is sad to say but, this is a VERY sick world that we have come to live in. kyle
Old 03-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is just bloody unbelievable that ABC NEWS permitted that to air - especially the fact that guns in private hands are at least 3 times as likely to be used for lawful defense purposes than for crime.....
Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

It is just bloody unbelievable that ABC NEWS permitted that to air - especially the fact that guns in private hands are at least 3 times as likely to be used for lawful defense purposes than for crime.....
It's amazing they let John Stossel have a show in the first place. His book publisher dubbed him "The Scrouge of the Liberal Media". He's a libertarian who's views on government and economics are not what you'd expect from a major ABC reporter. I personally think his views are pretty interesting. I don't agree with all of them, but some of them make a lot of sense.

Here's a little blip about him from wikipedia: .....outlines Stossel's career, documenting his philosophical transition from a liberal political stance toward libertarianism. It summarizes his opinions concerning the disasters of excessive regulation and government control, and his strong belief in the power of the free market and private enterprise. In its conclusion he calls for a reform of lawsuits, decreased regulation, and shifting social services away from the government and encouraging private charity.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:42 AM

I really enjoyed the Penn & Teller show. My estimation of them has increased exponentially. I would like to know how many kids die each year from riding a bicycle? My quess is the number is higher or at least equal to the number who die from accidental shootings. But then again this issue is a viceral thing logic and common sense rarely win against emotion.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:15 PM

I've been a long-time fan of John Stossel. He really knocks the wind out of some political positions (of both parties) with clear and concise agruments and real-world examples. I enjoy watching him.

I have the first four seasons of Penn and Teller's BS on DVD. Season 5 started on Showtime last week. They do a better job of supporting their position on some shows than others, but I do enjoy them all.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:02 PM

That story Stossel did took real stones. ABC and it's parent Disney are definitely anti-2A. Does any one know if the story affected his carrer?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Host of Hosts

I would like to know how many kids die each year from riding a bicycle

I don't have a figure for bicycles alone, but here are a few facts on other accidental fatalities.

Compared to accidental death from firearms you are:

Twice as likely to suffocate on a swallowed object

Seven times more likely to be poisoned

10 times more likely to die from a fall

And 31 times more likely to die in an automoblie accident

Quick Reply: Check it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.