Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 GETTING AN AR-15 >

GETTING AN AR-15

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

GETTING AN AR-15

Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Spike

Default GETTING AN AR-15

I AM GOING TO BUY AN AR-15 BUT I AM REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME IN WITCH BRAND I SHOULD BUY. I WAS THINKING ABOUT A DPMS IN A 204 BUT NOW I AM THINKING OF JUST BUYING A 223. SO NOW I AM HAVING A HARD TIME IN WITCH BRAND I SHOULD BUY. MY BE A 204 IS THE WAY TO GO. I DO RELOAD BUT HERE IN THE DAKOTA'S WE CAN USE A 223 FOR DEER. ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE NICE. THANKS.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: GETTING AN AR-15

I did alot of research, and I ended up buying a Rock River. I just got it, so I have not shot it yet. I found it to be the best value. If you are going to buy any ammo or components for the 223, then you better get them quick. Supplies are drying up, and prices are going up. Tom.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I got a Colt, in .223. My next AR will be a DPMS in .243.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: birdbustin

I AM GOING TO BUY AN AR-15 BUT I AM REALLY HAVING A HARD TIME IN WITCH BRAND I SHOULD BUY. I WAS THINKING ABOUT A DPMS IN A 204 BUT NOW I AM THINKING OF JUST BUYING A 223. SO NOW I AM HAVING A HARD TIME IN WITCH BRAND I SHOULD BUY. MY BE A 204 IS THE WAY TO GO. I DO RELOAD BUT HERE IN THE DAKOTA'S WE CAN USE A 223 FOR DEER. ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE NICE. THANKS.
This is BloodbrotherBob a buddy on another Forum and the Rifle he put together.

It is 99% DPMS Panther Arms AR-15 / 223Rem using 55gr standard soft point bullets. It has a Barska 3x9x42mm scope with illuminated recticle and 500 yard bullet drop compensator. The stock is from a colt. It has alot of attitude packed in it as well!

Mine was estimated at 260#
Standard 55gr softpoint which busted his rib on the way in and lodged in the hyde on the far side, it mushroomed nicely.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I kinda think everyone's FIRSTblack rifleshould be a .223. Then add other calibers if you like later.