Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sks

Old 03-18-2007, 01:58 PM

Default sks

i was given a sks dont no anything about them or what bullet it takes well some 1 give me a clue
Old 03-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sks

It shoots the russion round 7.62 X 39. It is a fund rifle for plinking and a pretty foolproof system.
You will need to obtain some directions about dissassembly abd re-assembly along with some cleaning tips, but the procedures are not all that complicated.
Ammo can be failry inexpensive, but if you get into the corrosive stuff just make sure you clean it up well when you go to put it away.
I've got 3 of 'em , and they are fun at the range. I put scopes on 2 of them.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:31 PM

ty 8mm/06 where can i find the cleaning directon on that
Old 03-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Spike

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/index.asp
Old 03-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a chinese model that I have scoped. Lots of fun for plinking. I bought a bullet mold from lee which cuts down on the expense of firing it for you can go through tons of rounds. Like a big .22. I also load 123 grain bullets (Hornady) which are not too expensive. I believe that you can also get surplus military rounds for cheap if you buy them in bulk but you can't reload the military brass. There are lots of reloading receipies online for the 7.62x39. Very inexpensive to reload. It's also fun just shooting it from the hip.