Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip >

at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Old 03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Also suprising that Vermont is an open carry state.
Carry, whether open or concealed, is legal without a permit in both Alaska and Vermont. Criminals carry regardless of the law, and some legislators have come to realize this.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Open carry is legal here in NC
Old 03-13-2007, 03:44 PM

He could of been some figure of law. I myself don't open carry because it just sends a bad message, and some soccer moms will go to the police. Alotta broads have no idea open carry is legal in the majority of the US.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:55 PM

From opencarry.org

Mississippi

Summary
Mississippi is an open carry state and the state constitution appears to guarantee this right. However, the legislature has confused the issue by the wording of their concealed carry law. OpenCarry.Org is working with Mississippi officials in an effort to clarify this. In addition to this issue, under their weak preemption, localities may regulate the carrying of firearms. For this reason, we have labeled Mississippi as 'indeterminate' for the time being. The good news is that open or concealed carry in any motor vehicle is perfectly legal.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

He could of been some figure of law. I myself don't open carry because it just sends a bad message, and some soccer moms will go to the police. Alotta broads have no idea open carry is legal in the majority of the US.
There have been a couple of big fights here in Virginia over guns and carry these past few years. The last story was in Manassas last month. Seven guys, who had CHPs, but were open-carrying as per state law (they were eating in a restaurant that serves beer and wine), found their meal interrupted by some ninny patron who called the police. Quite a few city officersresponded, ironically as an armed robbery was occuring on the other side of town.

About 150 concealed carriers came to city hall the next week to discuss the matter, since the police harrassed citizens who were obeying the law. It was the largest turnout for any issue in city history.

And once again, the anti-gun newspaper editors have started incorporate Wild West lingo into their articles, as if people who carry guns are outlaws looking for a duel at high noon. Despite their whining, as well as that of the urbanized citizens of the state, our laws keep getting better and better. We seem to be luckier than most, however.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:13 PM

"Despite their whining, as well as that of the urbanized citizens of the state, our laws keep getting better and better. We seem to be luckier than most, however"

It is nice to live in a state where law abiding citizens havemore rightsthancriminals. Here in OK the family of the deceased perp is not allowed to sue in civil court for the loss of their son who "was turning his life around and was planning on becoming a brain surgeon."
Old 03-13-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

i was just wondering why a plain clothes "dad" type had a hand cannon strapped to his hip.
I really HATE stupid comments like these.

Who really cares what he had strapped to his hip. The 2nd amendment guarantees him the right to keep and BEAR arms.

You telling people he had a "hand cannon strapped to his hip" only serves to undermine this right. So don't make such a big friggin deal about a person legally carrying a firearm.

Even having to pay to get a license is an unconstitutional law regulating and infringing onour right to keep and bear arms.
well then, excuse my slang in a casual question on an informal forum.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM

Here in Ohio, it is supposed to be legal to OC. The local fuzz will probably question you, though.

I am "one of those plain clothes Dads with a hand Cannon strapped to my hip". (that is not meant as a jab) Hopefully, no one will ever have to see it, though. (XD.45ACP)

Being easily amused, I find it funny how many times my wife tells me I am printing (in summer clothes) and no one even notices. Oh the sheeple! She admits she wouldn't notice if she didn't know. Need to work on situational awareness. My Mom didn't even notice when I open carry.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM

i can't stand the small town fuzz around here who are bored with nothing to do, else i'd be wearing one all the time since it's ambiguous enough to seem like i could. i've already been pulled over at a road block and had my vehicle searched for over an hour with dogs and by them digging through EVERYTHING and received some pretty intense questioning followed by blatant accusations because they "suspected i had narcotics" aka i was a young, shaggy haired kid out around 2 am. add a firearm to the mix, even though it'd be perfectly legal, and i don't even want to think about it...

(and i better not see any GET A HAIRCUT HIPPIE!!! posts )
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Open carry is legal in Colorado. I never carry open unless its around the house and yard. Once while in a restraunt I took off my jacket and went to the restroom without noticing I was carrying open. I got quite a few looks beforeI realized whatI was doing. It made me laugh, but it made my wife concerned. I like the other guys way of thinkin', I wouldn't want to tip my hand to the bad guys. I want to see the surprise on their face when they find out I'm packin'!!!

Quick Reply: at work today in walmart i saw a fella with a glock on his hip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.