Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
winchesters. >

winchesters.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

winchesters.

Old 12-11-2002, 02:58 AM

Default winchesters.

how are they compared to the remingtons?meaning quality wise. for thsome of there prices i take it they should be better or alittle bit better than remingtons?

Old 12-11-2002, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: winchesters.

Oh there should be some good responses on this one can't wait. Quilly what do you mean by prices? Higher? Lower? what?
Old 12-11-2002, 10:48 AM

I definitely prefer Winchester's three position safety and trigger adjustment to Remington's.

Old 12-11-2002, 11:15 AM
bigcountry

As a die hard ex remington fan, I will say winchester is a better rifle hands down. I have loved remington for over 15 years until recently. But with their rough ass barrels, plastic type trigger gaurd, and varying throat lengths, and crowns being out round, and horrible customer service, I will not buy another one.

While in newfoundland this year, I finally saw the use of that 3 position safety where it locks the bolt down. While going thru that black spruce, I found my bolt open and bullet gone. No big deal, but could have turned into one if I saw a nice animal.

Old 12-11-2002, 01:46 PM

I don't know if they are worth more or less than a Remington. As has been said many times you pay your $$ and take your chances with any major firearm manufacturer these days. I do know that I like the stocks better on the Winchester and have yet to see a M70 Super Grade that I haven't fallen in love with.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Winchester is the better rifle by a wide margin.

Good Dogwork and Good Hunting
Old 12-11-2002, 08:00 PM

Since when did Winchester start making guns again? I though they were US Repeating now...

Guns cause crime, like flies cause garbage.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2002, 02:59 AM

as i have found out in my 25 years that foriegn stuff seems to be made better than most stuff in the U.S. i think the japanese take their time and pay attention to detail like it used to be in the U.S. as far as the BAR's go i have heard the parts are made in belgium and put together in portugal.

Old 12-12-2002, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quilly, i think Remingtons are way over priced because of the simplicity of their design , I refuse to support their Racing team and the tons they pour into marketing...they are resting on their laurels. Winchester has the bettter trigger and action and irregardless of what the Remington lovers says gives up nothing in the accuracy department either assuming that bedding.. trigger are up to snuff . i think their Super grade at about 750+- dollars is ahead of any regular Remington custom shop gun for that matter. Never had even a minor problem with one and don't know of anyone that has ever sent one back to Winchester...cannot say the same for Remington.

Quick Reply: winchesters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.