Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 new broken gun question????  What should i do????? >

new broken gun question???? What should i do?????

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new broken gun question???? What should i do?????

Old 03-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Default new broken gun question???? What should i do?????

so last night i went to a ducks unlimited banquet and i won a muzzleloader. i was pretty pumped cuz who doesnt love to get a free gun? i know nothing about muzzleloaders but i now own one. when i got the gun home and took it out of the box, i noticed a HUGE crack on the left side of the stock right by the breech[:-]!!!!!!! it is cracked all the way from the top on the stock to the bottome and if i were to fire this i would most likely die cuz it would break and kill my face. i was wondering what u guys think i should do in terms of getting this problem fixed. should i contact the company and see if the it's convered by the warranty (even though i did not purchase this rifle) or should i contact the head of the DU chapter and find out were the gun came from? im not to happy right now!!!! do u think they will replaced it or am ibasically screwed?????????

Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 PM

Default RE: new broken gun question???? What should i do?????

the crack

Old 03-07-2007, 03:31 PM

the crack again

Old 03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

contact manufacturer. they will probably make it good.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 PM

You should bring it back to the dealer who in turn sends it back to the manufacturer. Find out which sporting goods store donated the rifle and give it back to them. They send it back and the new rifle will be delivered to the store/FFL.
Did you fill out your paperwork on the gun yet? In NJ, thats how we have to do it. Civilians cannot mail firearms. Holders of an FFL do that.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Call the Manufacturer and tell them what happened. Offer to send them pix.

The easiest thing to do (if they will do it) is to have them send you a new stock. Takes about 5 minutes or less to swap it out. No shipping on your part or having to deal with FFLs.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Definately save yourself some time and call the manufacturer. Ask them to send you a new stock and a return shipping label so you can send them this one back if they want it.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

worst case scenerio....you buy a new stock. this option is still better and a whole lot cheaper than buying a new muzzle loader.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call the gun maker, if they are any kind of company once you tell them the problem they should make it good.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 358WINMAN

You should bring it back to the dealer who in turn sends it back to the manufacturer. Find out which sporting goods store donated the rifle and give it back to them. They send it back and the new rifle will be delivered to the store/FFL.
Did you fill out your paperwork on the gun yet? In NJ, thats how we have to do it. Civilians cannot mail firearms. Holders of an FFL do that.
That may be true in The People's Republic of NJ, but in most states, a ML black-powder weapon is not even considered a "firearm", not even in NY!

First, call the manufacturer's Customer Service folks, and explain your situation. THEY will tell you what to do next. I assume the customer service number is in the Owners' manual that came with the gun??

Quick Reply: new broken gun question???? What should i do?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.