Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Just got A3 carbine

Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 AM
bigcountry

Default Just got A3 carbine

Finally, in the state of MD, I found a pawn shop with a bushmaster A3 carbine with M4 barrel. I had to fill out handgun paperwork, but I was beginning to think they all disappeared.

Pretty excited about getting it.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just got A3 carbine

New toys are always fun, especially the kind that go boom.

Handgun paperwork eh? That's messed up.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My thoughts exactly....Handgun paperwork ? Most AR's are long guns,depending on barrel lenght.I know when I bought my last one Sportsmans Whrs wanted me too fill out Handgun paperwork and I told em sorry,went to my other dealer,he matched there price and I was out the door with it in about 15 min.
Now my Kel-tec PLR-16 is conciderd a handgun.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-05-2007, 12:50 PM
bigcountry

No, Maryland for a few years now has required handgun paperwork on M4 barrels, but not HBAR. Go figure.

Now, there is some real fancy new AWB that completely does away with the AR period in this state. Now we got a dem governor who has said, he can't wait to get his hand on it to sign. Hense the reason I got one this morning.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's cool, BC, it's a nice little AR. You'll probably have a blast with it, no pun intended.

Are you going to put some optics on it or keep it as-is?
Old 03-05-2007, 01:33 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Aught Six

That's cool, BC, it's a nice little AR. You'll probably have a blast with it, no pun intended.

Are you going to put some optics on it or keep it as-is?
Oh yea, going with a red dot at first. I just don't know about the holograph sights. Man, those red dots are pricey.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh yea, going with a red dot at first. I just don't know about the holograph sights. Man, those red dots are pricey.
Yeah, I went with one of the EOTechs (the short one--511?--using N batteries). I admit it's little more than a plinkingpiece to me (although it would make a great 'Katrina rifle'), but I liked the ability to get on target a little quicker with the holographic than the standard red dot or reticle scopes. Not to mention that I'll take a 1 MOA dot over a 4 MOA one any day.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM
bigcountry

Oh my gosh. your kidding? Those suckers are well over 300 dollars. Looks nice, but I will have to wait. Just bought a nikon monarch for a varmit rig.

Next time we meet, you ought to bring it and let me look thru it.

Quick Reply: Just got A3 carbine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.