Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington SPS? >

Remington SPS?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington SPS?

Old 02-26-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Remington SPS?

I keep hearing that an SPS stainless replaces the BDL and the blued SPS replaces the ADL. I've seen a blued SPS up close but not the stainless. Can anyone tell me what the stainless SPS has that the blued version does not? I've never seen a BDL and an ADL up close either.

I'm just wondering because I like Remington and may be considering a stainless SPS for my son in 7mm-08.

Thank you in advance
Old 02-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington SPS?

You should visit their website..

The BDL is live and kicking still.. IT has a hinged floorplate, monte carlo stock in gloss finish and iron sights.
The ADL was a stripped down model 700, a bit less expensive and a flat finish.
The CDL is the most costly and has a satin finish with no iron sights, this is my favorite one and I own one in 30.06 that I love..

The SPS is specail purpose synthetic.. Really the only major difference between SPS stainless and SPS blued is.. Well.... it's stainless...
Both are inexpensive but yet great guns, the classic 700 bbl'd action is a great one to start with.
The stainless is a matte stainless finish..
Old 02-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

SPS replaced the ADL.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my 700 SPS. This may help...

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_SPS_stainless.asp
Old 02-26-2007, 09:28 PM

Okay cool, I checked out the website again and it seems the only difference is the stainless like you mentioned. I was appealed to it but the long barrel is un-appealing. Why would I want a 7mm-08 with a 24" barrel? It makes no sense. Anyway, I like Remington but I can't see me getting one because of this. This leaves Savage, Ruger, and Tikka.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:31 PM

http://www.savagearms.com/16fxp3.htm

Looks like a better option for my son.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: M77man

Okay cool, I checked out the website again and it seems the only difference is the stainless like you mentioned. I was appealed to it but the long barrel is un-appealing. Why would I want a 7mm-08 with a 24" barrel? It makes no sense. Anyway, I like Remington but I can't see me getting one because of this. This leaves Savage, Ruger, and Tikka.
What else would you want?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

What else would you want?
He said it was for his son. Without knowing how old his son,etc. I'd suspect a 22" barrel would be more appealing due to better handling for a smaller framed shooter. Then again it could be for a smaller design,lighter, swing on target,etc More then just FPS at the muzzle to consider when choosing a barrel.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

the SPS Stainless alsohas a plated action for additional corrosion resistance which the non-stainless does not have.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.savagearms.com/16fxp3.htm

Looks like a better option for my son.
Not available in 7mm-08. Might want to check out some youth models depending on how old your son is.

Quick Reply: Remington SPS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.