Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Give Jim another chance >

Give Jim another chance

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Give Jim another chance

Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Give Jim another chance

I personally own 3 AR's, 3 AK's, and 3 SKS's. My most favorite rifles for now are in 45/70. I also own 23 various hunting rifles and shotguns.

I am reading all this about Jim Zumbo and now Ted Nugent and I have to say WTF. Jim is a hunter and has always been a hunter. Maybe he spends too much time in the woods and not much time on the worldwide web. He is still a great hunter.

Now some of you are calling Ted Nugent a danger to the Second Amendment. Give me a break. The Second Amendment is about the right to keep and bear arms, not hunting. Ted is a great friend to gun owners. He does hate crybabies though.

It seems you guys are a product of the TV news generation that run like sheep from fear of what may happen. Get over it. The Dem's know if they pass another ban they will not be in power for long.

And last, but not least, get off of Ted's a$$ and give Jim another chance. My grandpa had a name for the way some of you are acting and it started with a "p".

That's my .02 cents and I will not make another comment. MV out!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Give Jim another chance

"....Give Jim Another Chance...."
No such quarter given on my part!
Bite the hand that feeds you and prepare to go hungry.
I fully appreciate the sponsors cuttingZumbo off.... don't have to put up with that crap.

I'm sure he nowhas the option of getting his meal ticket paid by the "Brady Bunch."

Zumbo originally hailed from New York state, perhaps he is nowgoing to campaign for Hillary Clinton.
I hope he enjoys his new found comrades.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

+1---EKM I agree with you. I believe he meant what he said. I could have forgiven him if he had stood behind what he said. But he didn't. All he did was make excuses. Tom.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Give Mel Gibson a chance, he really likes Jews, he even said so himself. Just because he had a hateful rant about Jews in a weak moment doesn't mean that he really feels that way

Screw Zumbo.
A lot of people including myself spend a lot of time and effort (I'm not talking about time spent posting on the internet either) to promote RKBA- all of which can be undone in an instant when a well known Fudd comes out of the closet and rants about how millions of legally owned firearms in this country are 'terrorist weapons' that should be banned because they don't meet his narrow view of 'sporting equipment.'

Old 02-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

a well known Fudd comes out of the closet and rants about how millions of legally owned firearms in this country are 'terrorist weapons' that should be banned because they don't meet his narrow view of 'sporting equipment
that is the scary part, and would hold a lot of weight to be used against honest gun owning citizens, something that jimbo should have thought long and hard about, to me this is no different than a friend stabbing you in the back,

Old 02-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Dem's know if they pass another ban they will not be in power for long.

They do?? Not if you listen to Schumer, Pelosi, and Clinton!
The "assault weapons ban" has just been reintroduced (again) for consideration this year. This year's version includes a 10-year prison term for selling any detachable magazine that will hold over 10 rounds!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Briman

Give Mel Gibson a chance, he really likes Jews, he even said so himself. Just because he had a hateful rant about Jews in a weak moment doesn't mean that he really feels that way
And don't forget how much Denny's, Texaco, and Michael Richards LOVE black people... Some things you don't get to take-back.

In this case, I think it's even worse. The written word is more powerful than the spoken word. This wasn't an alcohol-fueledrant in front of a TV camera after a night's bender: this was on the man's weblog. This is what he does for a living. This is what he gets paid for.

I would imagine he considers his thoughts carefully, and edits for content, spelling, grammar, and punctuation before he posts it. He would have had ample opportunity to take it back before he ever posted it.

For that matter, I'm a bit surprised it wouldn't have had to be OK'd by an OL editor prior to being posted. That might be a good issue to delve into with them.

FC
Old 02-22-2007, 07:27 AM

I just wish you people would go after your congresscritters the way you went after Zumbo. If you all did, the AWBII would have a much better chance at being beaten.

I'm sorry I didn't write Remington, Gerber, Cabela's, Himountain, or Swarovski pertaining to them sponsoring Zumbo. I was too busy writing and calling my elected politicians trying to squash the federal AWBII, AND the proposed AWB here in Illinois.

I guess it is just a matter of priorities.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hope Zumbo remains in hunting and remains asupporter of both hunting and the second amendment.

However, he no longer needs to be one of our spokesman on the matter, and Remington and others were correct to drop their sponsorship of him.

Quick Reply: Give Jim another chance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.