Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What shotgun should I get? >

What shotgun should I get?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What shotgun should I get?

Old 02-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What shotgun should I get?

I was thinking of getting a BrowningBPS, what other guns would you recommend?

I don't care if it's an auto-loader or a pump, but it has to be good quality, and under $700
Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What shotgun should I get?

Well, looks like there's a lack of sight epidemic going on here!
Old 02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my mossberg since i was 12 and it's never once failed me or even given me a fuss after all the crap I've done to it. Plus they are cheap. But it depends on what you want it for. I only turkey hunt and do a little bit of bird hunting.

This is what I would get:

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=19&section=products

Also look in the 2007 Remington catalog they have a fantastic new tactical 870 that can be had in camo with the Knoxx adjustable stock.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Franchi I-12. Can be had at Bass Pro or Cabelas for around $600.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

remington 870
Old 02-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Start off with a Rem 870 or Moss 500 12ga.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Stay with the BPS. You can't go wrong. I shoot mossbergs. I have shot Remingtons. I went past both of them and bought a BPS for my son. It is a very well made shotgun.

[/align]
Old 02-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, that Franchi I-12 is an auto-loader, does it jam much?

I alsowant to know how it operates under wet, rainy conditions, as it does tend toget quiteprecipitous herein Tennessee, especially in Central Tennessee, where the lease is where me and my uncle hunt. How does it handle 3" mags? What about cold? I am very possibly going to hunt upland in Nebraska in a couple years, and it can get cold enough for your nosehairs to freeze.

I will be using whatever shotgun I get for turkey, upland, and maybe eventually waterfowl. I won't be deer hunting with it, at least I don't plan to.

As for getting a Mossberg, I have nothing against Mossbergs, but I do feel as if I must get the very best quality I can, and the most reliable, even if it means I need to pay more for it, because in my family, we have a saying, "You have to be rich to buy cheap.".

I don't plan to have 10+ guns that are more or less the same thing, so I want something that is very high quality for the money, and I don't want that money to be small amount. I just would rather have a Browning instead of a Mossberg.

I'm still open to suggestions, but seeing that I won't be needing a shotgun for awhile, I still have time to save up. Besides, I don't think buying a shotgun is quite like buying a rifle, 'cause with a shotgun, you don't worry about buying a scope, unless it's deer hunting.

Pretty much all I'd be paying for would be the gun, sling, ammo, and cleaning supplies.

Is that right?

Old 02-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remington 870 or Mossy 500
Old 02-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Spike

Go to your local shop, Gander Mountain, Cabelas, etc and shoulder each of them in different barrel lengths until one talks to you. The Browning is a beautiful gun, as is the Remington 870 Wingmaster. Any of the pumps listed will be very reliable, (even the Mossberg), so go get touchy feely with them, and pick the one that feels/fits the best.

Quick Reply: What shotgun should I get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.