Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Zumbo-Hillary-Pelosi >

Zumbo-Hillary-Pelosi

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Zumbo-Hillary-Pelosi

Old 02-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Zumbo-Hillary-Pelosi

Has anyone read the comments Zumbo made on the Remington forum about the AR's. If you haven't then you need to. You will not believe what he said. I do not know how to get you there, but it is worth the effort!!! You will not believe what he said. Tom.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:28 AM

Default RE: Zumbo-Hillary-Pelosi

Assault Rifles For Hunters?

As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.
I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.
I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."
Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."
This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them.

Be sure to read "Comments" from the link above. MV out!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why I never watch Jim Zumbo's TV show, I have always thought he was an idiot! And most people couldn't tell the difference between an AR, AK, shotgun or semi-auto .22 anyway, they just hear the term "assault rifle" and think it must be a bad thing.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the link MontanaVet. Wow, he started a firestorm with this article, huh?

He should go join an anti-gun movement and PETA while he's at it. Sheesh. [:@]

Old 02-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yet another big dollar egotistical sell-out...
Old 02-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]