Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 recommend me a concealed carry gun >

recommend me a concealed carry gun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

recommend me a concealed carry gun

Old 02-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Default recommend me a concealed carry gun

I tend to wear slim fitting clothes so i can't be packing a ruger .44 mag or anything but i also don't want to be throwing bbs. I'm pretty new to the world of handguns so any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about a snubby but I also just like the intimidation of a big bore semi. Is there any way to mesh the two? Should I plan to buy two (which is absolutely possible) and vary the carry depending upon my dress and the situation?

Also on a semi-side note, what do you guys think of the baby eagles?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: recommend me a concealed carry gun

You could get a Taurus .380, my dad had one of those, and he said he hated taking it to the range, 'cuz it's just a concealed carry gun, not one to be used for much else.

So, you can't even fit a lil' .38 Special in your pocket?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

For me, if a gun is to heavy, I just end up leaving it at home. Its hard to beat the light weight Snub nose 38 Special. Load it with 158 grain Lead HP bullets of the Plus P persuasion and you have pretty good protection. I have some full size guns that I carry if dress permits but I can always carry the Snub. I have a Taurus Light weight model 85 with a two inch barrel it is very accurate and dependable at close range where self defense incidents occur. I have a Glock 22 as well as a S&W 9MM. Last but not least, the Ruger 45 ACP.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

S&W 642

Hammerless, light weight, plenty of power.

Never Jams.

No hammers to snag, no slides to lock, no safteies to remove. Heavy trigger pull makes an AD almost impossible (if not completely so).

I used to carry mine in the pocket of my jeans or shorts in the summer time. I went with a wooden grip since rubber can catch on clothes, and wood is less prone to do so.

Can't be beat for a carry gun.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

just go to a gunshop or sporting store and start looking..............pick em up and try differant holsters.I have 3 differant holsters,depending what I wear.You would never ever know I was CCW.....

Forgot. I carry a Kahr CW40 and have a CW9........
Old 02-13-2007, 01:13 PM

I was originally thinking about the .38 specials. A friend's mother carries one in her purse and she let me handle it a bit. It felt nice and lightweight.

But to answer the pocket question, on the majority of my jeans, no. I have to carry my cell phone in the back pocket because I wear more or less tight jeans. I dunno, just the way I like them. In the winter I could keep it in a coat pocket and in the summer I primarily wear cut off camo shorts so there's no space issue there. It''s mostly on the jeans.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, if you're thinking about wearing such tight pants that you cansee a .38 Special in them, you might as well walk around barechested with a .38 Special around your neck, 'cause that's too little.

Unless, you get your hands on one of the late-war Nazi pistols that look like they're from outer space.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

what happened to goin old school?? dont be backin out on me!!!

in all seriousness...if your new to handguns id REALLY suggest that you shoot a couple small AND medium 357 revolvers. and a couple small and medium autos. they are really both 2 diffrent animals. feel diffrent and act diffrent. i see gun shops on TV that let you test fire guns...your a big rock star find one of them shops and test fire some guns. i certainly wouldnt drop cash on a pistol if ive never really fired one..i think they are diffrent animals than rifles and shotguns..that generally you can go by fit. i much rather test fire pistols before buying. though i know thats not possible...then id go by feel and reviews. im not going to mention names but theres a couple makers out there you couldnt GIVE me. just be careful...its like anything else...pay for what you get. good luck..
Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 PM

I have shot the aforementioned .38 special, a ruger 22 mag revolver (dad's), and my buckmark 22 semi auto pistol.

For some reason after reading a few reviews the .40 S&W caliber appeals to me. How do you guys feel about that? I also like the look of the Walther PPKs though I don't know a whole lot about them. Are those worth the money?

And I haven't forgottena bout being a pirate, don't you worry
Old 02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're great, my dad has one, just stay away from the Taurus Millenium, because the trigger on it is horrible, and it can't be adjusted.

But, you could get a different Taurus, or a S&W.

Quick Reply: recommend me a concealed carry gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.