Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

AWESOME

Old 02-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Default AWESOME

I was reading where Sako makes a rimfire that shoots .22LR, .17M2, .17HMR, and .22WMR. I never knew this and found it to be awesome. It is a pricy gun at $948 with only one bbl. For all four bbl it is $1,600, or $1,800 I believe. You obviuosly need a different bbl for each caliber. Synthetic stock, adjustable trigger, and a pretty gun. The only downfall is that it is a bolt action(DAMNITT)I was wondering if there are any owners out there with this gun, and how well do they shoot?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: AWESOME

Believe it's the Sako Quad...I read a review(Field and Stream?)about it a while ago and I belive they liked it.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LOUISIANA WHITETAILS

You obviuosly need a different bbl for each caliber.
Actually, you need a differnt barrel for each chambering. Two bbls are .17 caliber and two are .22 caliber.

Go over to the sako area at www.RimfireCentral.comas I know there's been discussion on this model there.
I believe a scope manufacturer, Burris maybe, makes a scope especially for this gun with adjustments all figured for each chambering. Very nice package as a complete set-up I think. Kinda price prohibative for many but then again, you are getteing what you pay for and Sako is very nice.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that Field and Stream article too, and the guy said you should only get the .22 LR and .17 HMR barrels, 'cause he said the .22 WMR and the .17 Mach 2 barrels are probably going to just gather dust.