HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   CZ Ultimate Hunting Rifle... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/177930-cz-ultimate-hunting-rifle.html)

jeepkid 01-29-2007 08:45 PM

CZ Ultimate Hunting Rifle...

Has anybody saw it? Comes with a Nightforce scope and a minute of angle accuracy guarantee to 1000 yards!!:DPretty good for a factory rifle, lets see a Savage do that!! haha

Pighunter56 01-29-2007 09:12 PM

RE: CZ Ultimate Hunting Rifle...

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

Has anybody saw it? Comes with a Nightforce scope and a minute of angle accuracy guarantee to 1000 yards!!:DPretty good for a factory rifle, lets see a Savage do that!! haha
Still, I can't understand why some of you "experts" go out of your way to bash Savage. they are what they are, an accurate, and inexpensive hunting rifle.

HEAD0001 01-30-2007 12:46 AM

I am not buying it. Guaranteed MOA at 1000 yards. BS. Tom.

M77man 01-30-2007 01:32 AM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Me neither, nice marketing scheme though. I'm sure someone new will buy into it.

Pighunter56 01-30-2007 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: M77man

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Me neither, nice marketing scheme though. I'm sure someone new will buy into it.
Looks like someone already has:D

jeepkid 01-30-2007 08:45 AM

I believe it. If a company that big guarantees something it is probably true, if not they would lose there reputation really fast. I would rather buy that then a full custom rifle. And I didn't go out of my way to bash Savage, just made a point for all you "experts" who think every Savage made is a MOA tackdriver. How manylong range matcheshas a Savage won??? I think Remington holds that record.

JeffS 01-30-2007 09:24 AM

If you want to compare rifles you would need to compare ones of the same cost. For the price Savage is a great bargain. Though any good quality gun made today can probably shoot more accurate than 90% of the people shooting them. Everybody gets too concerned with MOA when actually most people can't shoot that accurate to begin with because they don't practice enough.Also if you aim for the vitals of a deer you actually have a fairly large target. So if a gun shoots 2" groups at 100 yards it is more than accurate enough. A lot of people like to brag about taking shots at over 200 yards but the vast majority of deer are shot at less than 75 yards.

NY ARCHER 01-30-2007 09:37 AM

JEFFS... you are so right !!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

And for the Savage Bashers.. there just a gun like every other company out there. Maybe they don't have the quality wood or looks of a Browning or Remington etc. but there a good gun for the everyday hunter that doesn't have alot of cash. I have 1 and it shoots just as good as my Remington 700, both are right on the money.. until I start to shack or move a little. And a deer dies just as fast with my Savage as my Remington... Another thing if your shooting 1000 yards. you better have a high quality gun and high quality glass to even do that ! Most hunter can't even see that far with a scope on the gun, never mind hit something !!

My 2 Cents

jeepkid 01-30-2007 10:54 AM

I e-mailed CZ to see how they are going to prove their 1000 yard MOA guarantee. I'll post whatever response I get.

tmeservey 01-30-2007 11:24 AM

I'd rather buy their 505 gibbs and have a whole shoulder of fun!:D