Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE??? >

WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

Old 01-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Default WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

I was looking inot the 116fxp3 because the look of the stianless steal it AMAZING...but are there better modles of the savage?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

The best Savage is the one your trade in ona Browning. JK.

Before you worry about which is best you really need to get to a store and start handleing these different rifles. One may feel better or more balanced then another one to YOU. and sir that one will prob be the best for you.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you like stainless, it is a fine rifle. Remember it will rust if not maintained, however. I would go with the 270 winchester in that model unless you have fired enough center fire rounds that you are comfortable with them. Not all cartridges do all things, but it is a good flat shooter, takes down alot of various game, & won't break the bank or your shoulder.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:59 AM

I like my Savage American Classic in .300 win mag. It is wood stick and blued barrel though. I also LOVE my Savage 10ML-II ML in stainless and synthetic stock. I have had no issues with rust on either after a few years of use. I think that you can not go wrong with handling whatever Savages strike your fancy and then going with it. They are very accurate rifles, built well, but not as pretty as others. Customer services for Savage has been fantastic for me as well.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:53 AM

Buy the Savage for the barrel because they are the best out there but throw the stock away and buy something nice. I love the accu-triggers, I love the patten they have on their barrel and rings but the stocks are hiddious. Out of the box, Savage is the most accurate barrel you can buy, tests have prooven this. If Savage would only design a nice walnut stock like the Model 70 classic, then your talkin!

Old 01-25-2007, 03:01 PM

I have to agree.. I have the savageamerican classic in 30-06 and think it also wonderful. I have never had a problem... and also shoots great.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tmeservey

Buy the Savage for the barrel because they are the best out there but throw the stock away and buy something nice. I love the accu-triggers, I love the patten they have on their barrel and rings but the stocks are hiddious. Out of the box, Savage is the most accurate barrel you can buy, tests have prooven this. If Savage would only design a nice walnut stock like the Model 70 classic, then your talkin!

I'd would like to see those tests please.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 11:14 PM

Any new Savage with that accu-trigger is great. Those rifle have had great reviews. But I shoot lever guns so I am fancy to my 358 Win. Brush gun 99 Lever action!

Old 01-26-2007, 07:28 AM

jeepkid- The article I read was in "Precision Shooting" I forgot the fellas name , it was probably 10 years ago in my early 20's when I read it. You can find some impressive data and comments in Sniper's Paradise about Savage also. The one idependent test had a bunch of the most common hunting rifle manufacturers, Rem, Win, Weatherby, Ruger, Savage,Browning and some more, I forgot which ones. They used the same load and caliber, same vise and distances and Savage beat them all in "out of the box" accuracy according to this guys test results. I now many of my friends and fellow hunters from my location buzzed about this story. I'll try to find it.

I do know Savages Bolt heads are seperate and this makes some diff. The barrel nut on the barrel is another feature savage has pattened and they use a "cut" rifling in the barrel making process whick creates better performance. I think H.S. Precision does this rifling process also.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: tmeservey

jeepkid- The article I read was in "Precision Shooting" I forgot the fellas name , it was probably 10 years ago in my early 20's when I read it. You can find some impressive data and comments in Sniper's Paradise about Savage also. The one idependent test had a bunch of the most common hunting rifle manufacturers, Rem, Win, Weatherby, Ruger, Savage,Browning and some more, I forgot which ones. They used the same load and caliber, same vise and distances and Savage beat them all in "out of the box" accuracy according to this guys test results. I now many of my friends and fellow hunters from my location buzzed about this story. I'll try to find it.

I do know Savages Bolt heads are seperate and this makes some diff. The barrel nut on the barrel is another feature savage has pattened and they use a "cut" rifling in the barrel making process whick creates better performance. I think H.S. Precision does this rifling process also.
I agree with that, and have seen the results, even the Savage package rifles, like the model 111FCXP3, are very good, accurate rifles.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.