Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 considering purchasing an AR-15 at some point in the future >

considering purchasing an AR-15 at some point in the future

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

considering purchasing an AR-15 at some point in the future

Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 PM

Default considering purchasing an AR-15 at some point in the future

I've long been fascinated with this rifle and also think it would make a killer coyote rig that would be fun as all get out. I've decided to just slowly save some extra money here and there when given the chance in a separate account until I have enough nickels and dimes to buy one.

Any advice for purchasing one? Anything I should know about it before hand? Any particular model I ought to seek out? Any essential add ons? Any recommended places to purchase from?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: considering purchasing an AR-15 at some point in the future

Buy a lower receiver first- Bushmaster, Armalite, Rock River, DPMS, Olympic.... Ordering the lower seperately means that you'll gain the benifit of not paying excise tax on the entire complete rifle.

When you decide what typeof upper you want, order the the upper. There are a myriad of possibilities- you need to determine what is right for your purposes, or even buy a few different uppers for differetn applications. Its really easy to install an upper onto a lower- just mate the two assemblies up and push two pins through.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its all in how much you can afford..I own 2. 15A2S and15A3S.Both are Bushmaster.I just bought a Kel-Tec PLR16.Ive got 2,200 bucks invested in the 3..Then there is the extra cost.Red Dot scope,Differant forarm,muz brk,slings,extra mags thats another 600 bucks.....the nice thing is bulk 223 runs about 12 cents a round.
Check out DPMS......Its all in what you want to spend...
I carry the PLR16 in my veh(CCW)after all its a long range pistol.I have it dialed in at 150yrds,topped it with a Red Dot scope.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have the money I would get a Stoner ar-15 They run about $2500.00 but you dont have to add anything.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd make sure you really want one. I've had three and the thrill is gone. I find them to be very unreliable. After you shoot a few thousand rounds through it and all your friends have seen it and have gone ohhh and ahhh it will be an 10 paper weight.

If you decide you need one build it yourself. It's very easy.

Tom
Old 01-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is your lucky day! I am trying to sell a Rock River AR-15 that is already scoped with a Leupold VariX III 6.5-20x40mm with a sun shade. PM me if you are interested. I currently have 4 ARs and have had 15 over the years. They are fun guns to burn up ammo with. This Rock River is by far the most accurate 223 in any action that I have ever owned. Below is the sight in target that I used with this gun. The sight in was done at 50 yards just to get on target.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

father in lawbought a Rock River Arms one last night It is their varminte one with a advertised 3/4 MOA. Ill try to post a pic of it later today
i know you can see it from their website. Other than that, i know absolutely nothing about them, looks cool though.

i thknk this is the link
http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1505X&storeid=1&image=veop 07.gif&CFID=32003006&CFTOKEN=55668705

Old 01-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

retrieverman - that gun looks awful familiar....Kinda like the one I got last week.....

Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

H&K makes some really nice magazines for AR-15/M16 use. The ones I have say "Law Enforcement/Gov't Use Only"
Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: considering purchasing an AR-15 at some point in the future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.