Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 For Encore Owners >

For Encore Owners

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

For Encore Owners

Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For Encore Owners

How many of you actually change barrels on your frames? I know that is the big selling point, but I don't. I own 4 frames (3 centerfire/1 muzzleloader) and have never taken the hinge pins out since installing them the first time. Anyone else in my boat?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For Encore Owners

I have 2 frames one for pistol and one for rifle...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I swap barrels all the time. To me this one the big advatage of the firearm.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

At this time I have only one barrel for my frame however I have thought about getting a black powder barrel to take advantage of our black powder season. So end result would be 1 frame with 2 barrels...
Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have 1 frame and 2 pistol barrels, .308 and the .50 ML barrel. I change them quite often. Seriously considering buying a couple rifle barrels for it.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
bigcountry

I change between a Muzzleloader and one other 204 barrel. If I made the decision not to make it modular, I would go for a bolt anyday over it. Its the one selling point for me.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

If I made the decision not to make it modular, I would go for a bolt anyday over it.
I really like my Encores, but I have almost completely changed over to a modular bolt gun myself. I have gotten into Blasers. They are actually almost as versatile (no muzzleloader barrel) but MUCH easier to change barrels, and out of the box factory barrel accuracy is second to none (that I own).
Old 01-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only have one barrel for mine right now.

I am going to get a slug barrel for it, since I am back in the land of the restricted. Probably going to need a smoke pole barrel as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call me crazy but isnt the whole point not to have to buy 4 frames. You can switch a barrel in under 5 mins why all the frames?

I have a ML barrel and a 7mm-08. Our ML season is after regular rifle season so I just switch between the 2 from a rifle barrel to ML. Ive had 3 different rifle barrels now and sold 2 of them.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:17 PM

Mine was an M/L when bought. Have a new .30-06 barrel that will be fired for the first time tomorrow. On order is a .22 Hornet barrel. Plan on getting a .35 Whelen barrel also.

Quick Reply: For Encore Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.