Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How much would this be worth >

How much would this be worth

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How much would this be worth

Old 01-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Default RE: How much would this be worth

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: BuckHunter92

hey guys.. i was just wondering how much a gun that my grandpa gave me would be worth.. its a remington model 1100 about 60 years old thats in really really good shape with only a few small scratches on the stock.. what do you think?
I read THIS POST and I don't see where it says ANYTHING about you selling or not selling. The USUAL reason someone wants to know what an item is worth is to sell it. Maybe you should read what YOU wrote before you start being a smartass to me.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could it possibly be a Model 11 and not an 1100? If so it could easily be a much older shotgun. Pictures?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8mm/06

Could it possibly be a Model 11 and not an 1100? If so it could easily be a much older shotgun. Pictures?
There is NO WAY this kid is wrong. 14 year olds don't make mistakes. If you don't believe me, ask my oldest son.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell me about it! I'm a 31 year veteran of the public schools, have been a high school counselor for the past 25 years, and have a 17 year old senior son at home right now. I'm surrounded by idiot savants!

And by the way Buckhunter92, i'm not casting any aspersions your way, just agreeing with retrieverman about the impetiousness of some youth.
I actually just wanted to ask you about the possibility of the Remington being an 11 or an 1100. Thought if worth the asking.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: BuckHunter92

hey guys.. i was just wondering how much a gun that my grandpa gave me would be worth.. its a remington model 1100 about 60 years old thats in really really good shape with only a few small scratches on the stock.. what do you think?
I read THIS POST and I don't see where it says ANYTHING about you selling or not selling. The USUAL reason someone wants to know what an item is worth is to sell it. Maybe you should read what YOU wrote before you start being a smartass to me.
LMAO I was thinking the same thing. If my grandpa gave me a gun it would be priceless and I would care less what other people would value it. My grandpa had over 20 guns when he died. My father was executor of his estate. My grandpahad nothing but some wood working tools and his guns. He lived with a woman at the time of his death and by the time my dad got to the house to go through everything the guns were all long gone. I wish I had only one of them.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

I am with you guys my Great Grandfather Model 12 with a 4 digit serial number could not be bought..Even by Winchester andI knowthat because they tried! Besides what would I use as a backup to my 1100 LT on my Grouse hunts! I hope my kids feel that way about them when they inherit them...