Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

[Deleted]

Old 12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guns you've gotten rid of, Why you did it, and regrets.

I let a good friend talk me out of a Kimber Custom Classic-left handed-22 Hornet in 1982. I have been through a half dozen Hornet's since then. I have cussed him under my breath ever since(just kidding). I have never been happy with any other Hornet since. Man them older Kimber's are really something. Tom.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

One that I regret was my Browning Abolt 30/06 with a BOSS. It was the first BOSS that was the muzzlebreak. Shot my biggest deer (still to this date) with it and it almost made me go deaf. Sold it a month later. That following January, Browning revealed the BOSS CR, or non-muzzlebrake BOSS. The gun shot great, and I love the memory of that buck. Wish I would have held out a bit. But no matter, its replaceable, and I made $300 on the thing with the scope anyway.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't possibly remember all the guns I've bought and sold but one that I regret sticks out.

It was a custom .223 on a Sako AII action. It had a blonde, tiger's eye maple stock with rosewood endsa and a Douglas barrel, Leupold 3-9 VX-II, Timney trigger. Just a beutiful custom gun. I bought it for $425 because that's what the guy thought it was worth.

So then I went to college and I was so poor and in debt that I had to sell it and i sold it for $1200 on consignment without the scope.

Oh man I really loved that gun.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:42 PM

I've had a few,some bring tears to my eyes. The worst is figuring out what gotta so the family caneat, others were traded. Wish I still had 'em all!
Ruger super blackhawk .44 mag 7 1/2
Ruger 77V .22-250
S&W 629 classic .44 mag 8 3/8 and 5"
S&W 60 kit gun .38 special 3" full lug
S&W 442 .38
Ruger gp100 .357
Winchester 9422XTR .22 mag- gorgeous wood(sniffle)
Glock 23 .40
T/C Contender .222 14" and .357 maximum 10"
Remington 700VLS 6mm rem
Dan Wesson patriot .45auto
Colt Commander .45 auto
What sucks the most is when you figure a model will be made forever,
and you'll just get another one someday..... only to find it discontinued

Old 12-22-2006, 01:55 PM

I do not even remember the make or model of it, but my first rifle/shotgun was a .22/.410 over under that I learned to shoot with and I wish I still had. It had been my grandfathers gun, so a classic. Mbr father traded it off about 10 years ago. I really wish I had that classic little shooter back, as it would have been great to teach my baby daughter to shoot with it.
No other gun regrets.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red Lion..I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a Savage 22/410 when I was akid, traded it for a SXS 12 ga. Just recently bought a Stevens in nice shape to replace it, 45 yrs. later. Had to hunt hard to find a nice one.
Most all guns that I have gotten rid of were used to trade up for something else. Gotta admit, I do wish I had most of them back, too.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

I've sold a bunch but can only think of two that I would like to have back....

1: a FIE SxS 20ga with 26" IC/M barrels, I killed a heck of a lot of pheasants with that gun over several really good dogs, I wish I had never sold it.

2: A browning Abolt stainless stalker in 338 RUM with burris Euro black diamond 3-12 scope. It was a sweet shooter and didn't kick bad at all due to the muzzle brake, I sold it just after I got married in a fit of practicality. I figured with the 300 win and the 375 h&H I didn't need the 338 RUM. Now I've been pining for a new one every since.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:59 PM

I'm about my guns like I am about my guitars. I just cannot let go of a single one.

But fortunately so far I haven't been in a bad enough money cruch to start selling things for whatever I could get.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:14 PM

The only gun I've ever regretted selling, was a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt/45 ACP, but, I traded it for a Stainless Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag, so, it worked out ok.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.