Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ammo going up 30%...Does nayone knwo for sure? >

Ammo going up 30%...Does nayone knwo for sure?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ammo going up 30%...Does nayone knwo for sure?

Old 12-22-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Ammo going up 30%...Does nayone knwo for sure?

I heard that ammo was goin up 30% from a real close friend. I reload my own but if you know FOR SURE if it is going up then please tell me..

Old 12-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ammo going up 30%...Does nayone knwo for sure?

I'd say that its gone up that much already.
A year or so ago, I bought rem corelokts for about $12-13 a box, now they seem to cost $17-19.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:36 AM

Yeah but they talk as that its going to go up thirty more percent and my shells arent cheap at all.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:38 AM

we are getting corelocks for 13 ...we are usually expensive

midway is still cheap
Old 12-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have noticed that it has already gone up. I would not doubt if it was going to go up again. However I was told the reason for the past increase was due to metal prices. And metal prices have stabilized. The increase will be a kept secret until the SHOT show. If you are worried then I would buy now. Tom.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its already gone up close to 30% in the last two years across the board for rifle and handgun ammo. Lead shotshells are about the same though.

The tungsten based shots are what I am worried about. Since I am predominately a waterfowler who hunts deer when duck season isn't open, its a big concern. Kent had to cease production of Tungsten Matrix because the Chinese jacked the price up 52% on raw tungsten. Would have put the price around $50 for a box of 10 2 3/4" shells. I am wondering what effect it will have on Hevi Shot. We get a lot of raw materials from China, and they are begining to wake up and realize how much we Americans rely on their cheap labor and exports to maintain our way of life. China is in the midst of an industrial revolution anyway, and are using a lot of raw materials (lead, tungsten) domestically.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I have noticed that it has already gone up. I would not doubt if it was going to go up again. However I was told the reason for the past increase was due to metal prices. And metal prices have stabilized. The increase will be a kept secret until the SHOT show. If you are worried then I would buy now. Tom.
I have heard, that the supply will catch up with demand by Feb, and the prices will drop, but, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:13 PM

[align=left]"Soaring metals prices mean that the value of the metal in pennies and nickels exceeds the face value of the coins. Based on current metals prices, the value of the metal in a nickel is now 6.99 cents, while the penny's metal is worth 1.12 cents, according to the U.S. Mint...[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]http://www.whiskeyandgunpowder.com/Archives/2006/20061218.html[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Get ready for America to be a 3rd world country.[/align]
Old 12-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lead poisoner

[align=left]"Soaring metals prices mean that the value of the metal in pennies and nickels exceeds the face value of the coins. Based on current metals prices, the value of the metal in a nickel is now 6.99 cents, while the penny's metal is worth 1.12 cents, according to the U.S. Mint...[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]http://www.whiskeyandgunpowder.com/Archives/2006/20061218.html[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Get ready for America to be a 3rd world country.[/align]

My brother said the same thing about the US on it's way to being a 3rd world country...

You can thank all the lazy stealing american workers!!!!!

My famous quote is "If your a white uneducated male in this country your f!@#ed"
Old 12-22-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: lead poisoner

Its the end of the world.

Quick Reply: Ammo going up 30%...Does nayone knwo for sure?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.