Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

35 Whelen

Old 12-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 35 Whelen

Ya know I just feel sorry for him after the bullet seating post I know he is a bag of air now. But oh well it will still be fun I just have to find a day when I can drive down there. Probally around Jan 15th but I will have to see. I will keep you posted !!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

As James B said, it was introduced in the 1920s. I always heard that time passes by quickly, but that's not new.

You really smoked yourself, heck, it's actually quite funny.
ORIGINAL: younggun243

ORIGINAL: TerryM

I wonder how you can have experience with that rifle/cartridge combo since its quite new?
As James B said, it was introduced in the 1920s. I always heard that time passes by quickly, but that's not new.

You really smoked yourself, heck, it's actually quite funny.

"Really smoked myself" ???
Actually if you read the original question the person asked about a "REMINGTON 750 in .35 Whelen" which is what I referred to genius, keep laughing if it gets you through the day. I am quite familiar with the heritage and history of the whelen thank you. The Remington 750 on the other hand I think came out in 2006. I have owned 4 different .35 caliber rifles and have actually hunted with them and taken game up to the size of moose. I laugh when I read posts from kids who say they saw "a guy shoot a guide gun at the range once" and then proceeded to pass judgement on its game killing capabilities and compare it to a .300 ultra mag and a .50 BMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either the opinion of just a kid or someone not much brighter.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

DM! Does the Epps place still build rifles? I know what you mean about the old gun shops. The ones back home when i was a kid were always full of old guys telling stories. You could look for ever or just spend the day shootin' the breeze. The one was owned buy a real good gunsmith. Though i have to addmit i like the colledge girls that work at the ones here. They are killing my wallet though.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:28 PM
DM

DM! Does the Epps place still build rifles?
I don't think so.... When Mr. Epps passed away, the business was sold to one of his employee's who runs it with his wife. They also haveseveral employee's helping them out...

The thing that i like about the old gunshops is, there's still the old time feel about the place, and still some "old stock" hidden away in the cornersof"old time" drawersand gun cabinets thatthose old shops had with old posters on the walls...

They do have some newer clothing ect. too...

DM
Old 12-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I was home a while back. The extractor on my 721 broke. The guy not only had one but swapped it for free. I bought four boxes of shells from him anyway.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DM

DM! Does the Epps place still build rifles?
I don't think so.... When Mr. Epps passed away, the business was sold to one of his employee's who runs it with his wife. They also haveseveral employee's helping them out...

The thing that i like about the old gunshops is, there's still the old time feel about the place, and still some "old stock" hidden away in the cornersof"old time" drawersand gun cabinets thatthose old shops had with old posters on the walls...

They do have some newer clothing ect. too...

DM
Mr. Epps was the one who built the gun. He was good friends with my great-grandpa. My dad was there about......10 years ago and he said it's nothing like it was when he was a kid. He said as a kid, he could hardly walk down the aisles it was so full of things. Actually, according to Mr. Epps, my dad was one of the first people in Canada to use a Beetle Spin Spinner (you know the jig with the little spinner arm on it). Justa little fact We drive past it everytime we come home from my grandparents, but we never stop there, always as BP, because its in the mall. I really want to go there sometime though.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Crew Dawg

DM! Does the Epps place still build rifles? I know what you mean about the old gun shops. The ones back home when i was a kid were always full of old guys telling stories. You could look for ever or just spend the day shootin' the breeze. The one was owned buy a real good gunsmith. Though i have to addmit i like the colledge girls that work at the ones here. They are killing my wallet though.
The Ellwood Epps store was sold to the Winkel family a few years ago. I know them well and its where I buy all my guns and accessories, ammo etc. They have excellent gunsmiths on staff and yes they can build you anything you want from scratch. Although they have invested alot of time and money into the shop and equipment it very much is a old style gun shop with people behind the counter who will know more than most. Ask for Wes at 705 689 5333 www.ellwoodepps.com
Old 12-26-2006, 09:13 PM
DM

They have excellent gunsmiths on staff and yes they can build you anything you want from scratch.
Thanks for straightening me out on that Terry M,

DM
Old 12-27-2006, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Hey DM! I had a yupi gunshop experiance last night. I asked to see a Pearl handled Super Blackhawk. This kid (who makes a point of telling about all his firearms) tells me how much he liked this Redhawk. Then when i asked to see a Model 7, he grabs a M77 compact. Well, atleast he got the general size correct.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:47 AM
DM

It's a tough situation. Folks want to buy there guns ect.. as cheap as possible, so the gun stores can't afford to hire anyone other than a "body" to fill a slot....

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for...

DM

Quick Reply: 35 Whelen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.