Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington Custom Shop Gun Or Sako? >

Remington Custom Shop Gun Or Sako?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Custom Shop Gun Or Sako?

Old 11-23-2002, 06:05 PM
JKT

Default Remington Custom Shop Gun Or Sako?

I have been looking at two units and do plan on getting one within the next year;

Remington Model Seven Magnum Alasken Wilderness Rifle (Custom Shop) in 7mm Remington SAUM. MSRP $1524.

Sako 75 Finnlight in 30-06 or SAM when available. If I got this one I would have the SS finished by ROBAR in AZ. to matte black.

Anybody have either or know first hand ?

I think I would end up with about $1600 in either. This will more than likely be it for me, will use this gun for whitetails to elk.

Jim
Old 11-24-2002, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Remington Custom Shop Gun Or Sako?

IMHO ! Buy the Sako ! From what I know of Remington ,the custom shop is really not that special ? Remington only makes one grade of parts and just picks out the best of the run to use in the custom shop. In the end,you just have a high priced Remington rifle ! Resale value ? Try to buy a used Sako ! These are put together as if they are to used as a bench rest rifle and shoot like they are.
I don't own a Sako , but must shoot against them ,in the factory class, and just feel like going home when they show up !

Mounting Man/in PA.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:08 AM

Sako
Old 11-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned two rifles from the remington custom shop and have been very pleased with both.My model 7fs in 7mm-08 consistantly shoots under 1" with handloads which I consider quite good for such a lightweight gun.My 40xbks consistantly shoots five shot groups well under 1/2".
Old 11-27-2002, 03:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-27-2002, 06:16 PM

I'd take the Sako.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW after reading these posts I think I will have to add a sako to my collection. I think a sako trg-s, hmmm sounds good to me.

brian

Old 11-27-2002, 11:43 PM

For $1600 I'd skip both of these and have a rifle built correctly by a decent custom smith. $1600 will get you a top notch custom barrel (not the tent stakes sako or remington will sell you) put on a squared receiver of your choice and bedded into a mcmillian stock. I just don't see any reason for spending that kind of money when you can have a much better rifle built for the same amount.
Old 11-28-2002, 07:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-28-2002, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ASK ANY EXPERT, AND THEY WILL SAY "SAKO" IS A BETTER BUILT MORE ACCURATE GUN THEN "REMINGTON". I OWN A SAKO HUNTER .30-06, FRIEND HAS A REMINGTON 700 BDL, SAKO SHOOTS BETTER, BETTER TRIGGER, CLEANER GUN OVERALL. BUT BY NO MEANS IS THE 700 A BAD GUN, MATTER OF FACT I DO LIKE THEM.

IF I WAS LOOKING INTO A RIFLE IN THE $500/$700 RANGE, YES I WOULD BUY THE 700, ALSO ITS A GREAT GUN FOR THOSE WHO JUST HUNT 1 MAYBE 2 WEEKS A YEAR. BUT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY GET THE SAKO

Quick Reply: Remington Custom Shop Gun Or Sako?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.