Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Benelli SBE II >

Benelli SBE II

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Benelli SBE II

Old 12-07-2006, 08:57 PM

Default Benelli SBE II

Just got done with my first duck hunt with the Benelli SBE II.
Super Harsh Conditions and the gun shot perfect after it was submerged for a couple of minutes until we found it. It definitely gets the thumbs up. I would highly recommend it for you dedicated shotgunners
Old 12-07-2006, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Benelli SBE II

If it got submerged, then you should clean and oil it.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 PM

It's been cleaned. but it shot great after being submerged. I'm now a believer.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 PM

I thinks it one of the best Semi Auto Shotguns on the market.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:40 PM

What the heck are you doing dropping your gun in the water?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

What the heck are you doing dropping your gun in the water?
That is a goodquestion, poor gun.[:@]
Old 12-08-2006, 04:31 AM

My SBE I went for a swim one day, and it also functioned fine after I shook the water out of it. If you hunt around swamps or out of small boats, these things may happen...

Doug
Old 12-08-2006, 05:52 AM
bigcountry

If the water was poured out, any semi could handle that. The point where it might fail would be when it started rusting just like any semi. Or freezing up in the gun. You drop your shotgun where I hunt in MD, you better run back to the truck to do a field cleaning and oiling and then do it again. That salt water will setup rust in minuties. If the SBE can survive Assateague Island and be dropped in the water and still hunt all day, I wouldn't buy anything else.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

I've dropped my SBE1 into Gulf Coast salty marsh muck on more than one occasion, sloshed the mud out in the salty water and shot it for the rest of the morning without a hitch. Of course I cleaned it out well and CLP'd it when I got back home several hours later. No signs of any corrosion 3 years later. These shotguns are as easy to clean as an O/U or SxS.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:06 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: kelbro

I've dropped my SBE1 into Gulf Coast salty marsh muck on more than one occasion, sloshed the mud out in the salty water and shot it for the rest of the morning without a hitch. Of course I cleaned it out well and CLP'd it when I got back home several hours later. No signs of any corrosion 3 years later. These shotguns are as easy to clean as an O/U or SxS.
You know, I am a duck hunter. And when I hear stories like this, it makes me think. SBE owners are either clumsy, or like telling big ones. I know about 30-40 duck hunters and haven't heard of so many people submerging their guns. Must be a SBE owner thing.

Quick Reply: Benelli SBE II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.