Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 shotgun barrel? >

shotgun barrel?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

shotgun barrel?

Old 12-05-2006, 03:42 PM

Default shotgun barrel?

i am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of buying a 20 ga parnder single shot rifled barrel?i am not sure where to look or if anyone has one and if so hows it shoot?

Also if i could switch barrels like a .243 or .22 on a 20 ga frame?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:00 PM

Default RE: shotgun barrel?

If you want to be able to swap barrels what you are looking for is a the 20 ga ultra slug hunter. It is the heavy barrel fully rifled slug gun, but is on the same frame the centerfire rifles use. You could order extra barrels with it when you buy it. They need to be fitted by H&R, so you can't get the gun and then buy the barrels and just put them on. You would have to send it back to H&R to have them fitted. Or maybe a gunsmith could do it, not sure on that one. Once they are fitted though they can be swapped back and forth.

Or you could get one of the handi rifles, and then swap a shotgun barrel onto it. Either would work actually.

If you just get the tracker slug gun, without the heavy barrel you can only swap shotgun barrels onto it, not centerfire barrel. And it is pretty light and will kick like all get out. And you cannot mount a scope to them. The Ultra's come with a scope rail.

Make sure to get the 20 ga, not the 12 ga Ultra. The only other barrel you can put on the 12 ga ultra is a 10 ga barrel since it uses that frame. The 12 ga ultra heavy barrel is a 10 ga blank bored to 12 ga.

As far as where you can get it, I suggest a decent gun shop. They should be able to help you out. You could probably get the basic gun at any chain store but you probably won't get much in the way of service or good advice.

You can check out H&R's website if you want, they will list all the guns.

Rossi may make something simular as well, it might even come as a package. I'm not overly fond of Rossi quality though.

And if you order a H&R/NEF (same company) have them do a trigger job on it as well. They will do them right at the factory for a small charge and they are pretty nice from what I understand.

Paul