Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Texas Hunting Rifle >

Texas Hunting Rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Texas Hunting Rifle

Old 12-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Texas Hunting Rifle

Are you still looking at the Tikka T3 for your rifle choice? I am very interested to hear how you like it.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

Are you still looking at the Tikka T3 for your rifle choice? I am very interested to hear how you like it.
I sure am as I think it looks like the best bang for the buck:P
I'm specificly looking at the Camo Synthetic SS standard, not the light version. Optics may be an issue however, I need more than a 10x and I see the size of the scope is limited on the T3.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:00 AM

"Texas hunting rifle?" All you need is a bucket of oats and a club!

Old 12-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

I'm not a fan of heavy barrels, either. They add a lot of weight without adding much benefit. Just more weight to lug around, slower to shoulder, and harder to hold steady andshoot off-hand.
Texan, have you ever shouldered a T/C Encore? since they are generally 6-8 inches shorter than a regular bolt or semi rifle (because they lack the actual bolt/ semi action)...they are easier to maneuver and shoulder, even with the bull barrel. i will say the bull/heavy barrel does add weight to the rifle but it still weighs less than my Wby. .300 mag
Old 12-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

ORIGINAL: North Texan

I'm not a fan of heavy barrels, either. They add a lot of weight without adding much benefit. Just more weight to lug around, slower to shoulder, and harder to hold steady andshoot off-hand.
Texan, have you ever shouldered a T/C Encore? since they are generally 6-8 inches shorter than a regular bolt or semi rifle (because they lack the actual bolt/ semi action)...they are easier to maneuver and shoulder, even with the bull barrel. i will say the bull/heavy barrel does add weight to the rifle but it still weighs less than my Wby. .300 mag
I have. Not trying to step on anybody's toes, but I'm just not a big fan of them. I wasn't ever real comfortable with the angle of the grip, and they just don't shoulder as well for me as my other rifles.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:36 PM

I, like Texan, am not a big fan of the Encore's either, they just don't feel good to me, with that weird grip.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

the grip is what sold me on the rifle. it's more of a "natural" feel
Old 12-08-2006, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

the grip is what sold me on the rifle. it's more of a "natural" feel
To each, his own.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

I, like Texan, am not a big fan of the Encore's either, they just don't feel good to me, with that weird grip.
I'm not a big fan either.....[&:]
Old 12-20-2006, 04:48 PM

Well thanks for all the input and I went a little different route than I thought I would.
I wound up getting a Savage 110FP 25-06, just liked the feel of the trigger and wanted a little heavier barrel, hopefully it will serve me well!

Quick Reply: Texas Hunting Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.