Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Different 700's >

Different 700's

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Different 700's

Old 12-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Different 700's

Why is there such a big difference in price between the different models of Rem 700's. The SPS seems much cheaper than the BDL. The synthetic stocks are also cheaper. Does a wood stock cost much more to make? Is it like the 870 expresses where the finish isn't as nice as compared to the wingmaster? Or is there actually a mechanical difference?

thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 12:41 PM

Default RE: Different 700's

There is really no difference between the various models that Remington produces. The SPS 700's and the Express 870's have a rough sand blasted finish that saves Big Green from having to do any polishing on the main parts before bluing. The sythetic stocks are a little cheaper to produce than the wood stocks. Other than custom shop rifles or PSS rifles, they all have the same quality rifle barrels. I once called Remington to determine if there was any difference, in terms of quality, between the various 700 actions; as I was led to believe that the ADL's were actions that were not good enough to be BDL's (and the ones sold by Wal-Mart were even lower quality yet). Not so, says the Remington Custom Shop. They all come off the same line.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

My buddy just bought a 300 win mag in CDL and was expecting it to be more accurate than my lowly 30-06 adl. His actually groups bigger than mine with the same bullet. Not by much though. Could be the powder, could be the barrel, but my point is that theyre all the same underneath. EJ
Old 12-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I have a couple adl's, a bdl and 2 adl synthetics. The adl synthetics are the best shooters of the group. I think that may be more because of round than model though. To me ..those cdl's are about as pretty as a gun comes. Browning still makes a very nice lookin line as well. I dont know how they shoot because I dont own one but I wouldnt hesitate to try one.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Yep, I have a couple adl's, a bdl and 2 adl synthetics. The adl synthetics are the best shooters of the group. I think that may be more because of round than model though. To me ..those cdl's are about as pretty as a gun comes. Browning still makes a very nice lookin line as well. I dont know how they shoot because I dont own one but I wouldnt hesitate to try one.
I all so like the BDL custom deluxe and the CDL.I think they are one of the best factory looking wood stocks on the market.Browning to me are to dark of a finish and the brown foreend doesn't stand out as much as rems black one that tops it off. The onlything I don't like about the rem bdl is they stopped makeing it with a removable clip and on the newer ones now, they don't make the conversion kit like they use to when they first stop making the removable clip ones.After they stopped making the clipped ones,they did have a conversion kit for the next series of BDLs,Now my understanding they don't make them for the new BDLs.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:52 AM

Has Remington stopped making the 700 in left hand short action? I do not seeit in their catalog.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

For the goin price, I think that the SPS is tough to beat...
Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone know what the difference between a BDL action and an ADL action is? Has to be some difference, otherwise they wouldn't classify aftermarket/replacement stocks differently.

Anyone know?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:49 AM

The ADL has no floor plate. The BDL has a hinged floor plate.