Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How much would you pay for it?  Would you use it? >

How much would you pay for it? Would you use it?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How much would you pay for it? Would you use it?

Old 12-01-2006, 08:22 PM

Default How much would you pay for it? Would you use it?

Saw one awesome shotgun today. It was a Ruger Red label, 1993 Pheasants Forever 1 of 250, with local chapter also engraved. It has a gold reciever and some great wood. Has had 4 shells through it. 1 each barrel by the guy who won it. 1 each barrel by the shop to make sure it works. What would you pay for it? They want $1450. If you did buy it, would you use it?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: How much would you pay for it? Would you use it?

I personally would never pay that much for a shotgun, and I would never use it if I had it.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am having a similar problem myself, but I already own the gun. To answer your question, I am not a Red Label fan or commemorative guns, but the price doesn't sound bad to me. If I owned it, I would have a hard time taking it hunting.

Now my problem, I bought a NIB Blaser R-93 Prestige Safari 375 H&H that retails for $3000 out of the estate of a friend for a very good price. Blasers are almost as versatile, as far as changing barrels, as Encores, so I have added another forend, a 300 WSM barrel, and topped it with a Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56 scope. I have had it to the range a few times, but I can't make myself take it hunting. I am dying to kill a deer with it. Instead, I am still carrying my "beater" Marlin 336T which I also love to shoot. What to do???
Old 12-01-2006, 09:32 PM

You goanna die sometime.You can't take the gun with you.It's only material.I would say use it for hunting or shooting practice.Same with money,you can't take it with you and if you can afford without any problems, I say buy it and use it for what it was ment for.All guns was made to be used.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:59 PM

Guns are made to use. If you can't buy it to use, then don't bother. Besides that, this is no longer a virgin.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM
DM

I wouldn't own a firearm that i couldn't take into the field! I've been hunting with thisKrieghoff for more than 20 years now...

If fact i put "another" nice whitetail inmy freezer with it just the other day... This 7 point was really big bodied and healthy and will be great eating!

I would rather have one "fine" firearm than a dozen run of the mill average ones anyday!

DM
Old 12-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

you couldn't give me that gun. i won't ever own a shotgun that isn't a Mossberg...strong, dependable, reliable, etc. i wouldn't have a gun for looks. if i have a gun, i use it in the field.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:03 AM

I hear that, camocop!

If I had a Red Label I'd definitely take it out with me, just so everyone could see my badass gun. Certainly wouldn't be dragging it through the mud or do much practice shooting with it though.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: DM
I would rather have one "fine" firearm than a dozen run of the mill average ones anyday!
I'm with you, DM.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:59 AM

houtsdg, I wouldn't buy it, since I already have a Red Label - my first O/U. By I do use the one I have.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.