Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC Encore

Old 12-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TC Encore

I also have a TC Encore and if it wasn’t for my hammer spur I’d have a hard time pulling the hammer back. Always be careful when pulling the hammer back because if it slips the rifle can go off...
Old 12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnshiredman

Cataway,

I use an extender on my encore pistol and would hate for that to happen. Where did the hammer break...where the extender was attached or further down in the action?
sorry for the delay on answering you ,do-do happens

it snapped off right were the thumb tab connects to the hammer.
TC fixed it with out any questions , i was just glad it didn't happen
very close to deer season.
i must add, i was shooting it as a hand gun , in a 444 marlin ,
the recoil is severe . I'm shore this had some thing to do with its braking the way it did .
i have even had a scope ring snap off. and have had to over size the mount screws , that hold the base to the barrel. right now I'm waiting for the scope to come back from Burris ,yeah it screwed it up to.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i love mine, i've got about $1,100.00 wrapped up in it right now. this is counting the scope, sling, etc.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i love mine, i've got about $1,100.00 wrapped up in it right now. this is counting the scope, sling, etc.
I win this contest, and it is not one to be proud of winning (though I do love the gun). I have a Virgin Valley full bull stainless 300 WSM barrel and fiberglass Lone Wolf stock that cost me over $800. Mike Bellm worked his magic and gave me 1.5" trigger. I have Leupold dual dovetail mounts and rings, and to top it all off, I have a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 scope.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 PM

cataway,

Thanks for the reply with the details. I've yet to fire anyting larger than a hot .44 mag 320 grain handload, so I can't imagine what a 444 marlin pistol recoil feels like.My 7mm-08 Encore pistolfeels like a ***** cat with 139 grain SST's, but has proved well on WI whitetails, so I don't know that I will ever need the ballistic advantage of going to a larger cartridge. Sorry to hear about the scope. I love the Burris 3-12 Ballistic Plex with Parallax adjustment that I have on top ofmy 08. Let us know how yourscope comes back.I hope Burris does the jobwell for you, I have heard good things about the company.Out of curiosity, how many rings were holding the scope when it broke...2 or more?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine is also the full bull stainless steel in the .25-06 variety with the Pro Hunter Realtree Hardwoods Synthetic stock. one great thing about these rifles is your ability to customize them to your spec.'s. i'll have to get a couple pictures of mine on here tomorrow.

btw, sweet looking T/C!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

I win this contest, and it is not one to be proud of winning (though I do love the gun). I have a Virgin Valley full bull stainless 300 WSM barrel and fiberglass Lone Wolf stock that cost me over $800.
I thought no one was making barrels for the WSM chamberings? A couple of shops told me they didn't feel the barrel and receiver could take the recoil because the there was less material around the case due to it being fatter. I would love to try out the new .325WSM.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

I win this contest, and it is not one to be proud of winning (though I do love the gun). I have a Virgin Valley full bull stainless 300 WSM barrel and fiberglass Lone Wolf stock that cost me over $800.
I thought no one was making barrels for the WSM chamberings? A couple of shops told me they didn't feel the barrel and receiver could take the recoil because the there was less material around the case due to it being fatter. I would love to try out the new .325WSM.
Any Encore receiver that can handle a 12 ga 3" slug can handle any WSM, easily.

From what I have read, a lot of custom guys are chambering the "proprietary" cartridges, which includes the WSMs, Dakotas, Lazzeronis etc etc. I think it probably has more to do with royalties and rights than can or can't.

There are gunsmiths who will make one for you if you buy the reamer for the chamber. Just have to ask around, there are people doing it.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

This is my first deer taken withthis 7mm Rem Mag TC Encore. I put a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40 BDC reticle scope on this gun. Had a trigger job done and extention placed on the hammer. Shot this deer at 260+ yards at dusk. I love this gun, no complaints from me. I paid a little over $500 for the TC Encore walnut 50 cal BP. The walnut stock and forearmare to nice to take into the field. I've also added the syn camo stock and forearms for all the barrels.$215 for the 7mm, $160 for the 12 ga turkey barrel (ebay steal). Nikon scopes for all the barrels. One shot one kill.

Quick Reply: TC Encore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.