Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What's UP with ammo prices? >

What's UP with ammo prices?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What's UP with ammo prices?

Old 11-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What's UP with ammo prices?

ORIGINAL: RiverRaider

well guys sorry to tell you this but its supply and demand. I work for Federal ammo and we are working 6 days a week and are back ordered 4-6 months behind. We cant even get certain ammo
Is part of the supply/demand issue related to metal usage forammo being shipped to our troops overseas?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:41 AM

Hasn't risen in my area, then again all we have to do around here is shoot.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:11 PM

The metal price increase is due to China buying up huge amounts of metals for their enormous economic boom. Their economy is increasing about 10% a quarter, an astronomical amount. And they're buying up all the metals and other resources they can from around the world to supply it. This has caused prices to rise since mining companies can't keep up with the demand. If you don't believe me, compare the price of copper wiring today with a few years ago, it's gone up several hundred percent. I actually work in the mining industry, and have seen the mining boom first hand.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

The metal price increase is due to China buying up huge amounts of metals for their enormous economic boom. Their economy is increasing about 10% a quarter, an astronomical amount. And they're buying up all the metals and other resources they can from around the world to supply it. This has caused prices to rise since mining companies can't keep up with the demand. If you don't believe me, compare the price of copper wiring today with a few years ago, it's gone up several hundred percent. I actually work in the mining industry, and have seen the mining boom first hand.
This is exactly right... China/India are going through their industrial revolution.. they're buying up all of the brass, steel, copper, lead, ect..

Also alot of the Nato rounds are going over seas to our troops.. that's why you can't find Wolf .223 and other cheap ammo as easily as you could before.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:20 PM

ipscshooter, I am from Mississippi. I think something else is at play. Kinda like the gas companies getting what they want. Only on a much smaller scale.