Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt?? >

Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

Old 11-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

Looking at the Sako 75 Hunter in Satinless and the Browning Abolt Hunter Classic in Stainless, both in .300WSM. What do you guys think? I like the clip on the Sako, and like the safety on the browning better, but can live w/ the sako. For the money in think the browing is a better bang for the buck. $850 vs. $1300. However, here is the problem the Browning Classic hunter SS is ONLY made for gander mt. I can't order it from browning or anywhere else besides gander. THe closest gander is 1.5 hrs away and I've been there3 times. The first time I went down as aI called before and they said they had it. They did but the stock looked like crap, it was really light and looked like birch. It was 10 shades lighter than any other browning they had in the store and theyhad about 15-20 of them. So the gun dept. guy calls a differentstore to see if they have on. They do andthey shipit to my store. So 2 weeks later when the gun comes in I go down....samecrappystock color. So I call all the gander mt's that have this gun. One in WI had 3. He said 2 were really light and one was darker. So they shipped that one aweek laterI go down tocheck it out. BINGO,nice walnut color stock. However, it looked like it went through a war. It hada huge dents in it. I was so pissed. I talked to the manager and said I'm not tyring to be a pain but this is crazy I have 9 hours in total travel timeafter 3 times you guys can't get mea riflethat is worth purchasing.They supposed to have one more shipped. We'll see. However, in the mean time I can across the Sako 75 Hunter Stainless.It's a nice gun, but $1300 nice?? There's a catch to theSako too. They don't make the 75 Hunter Stainless anymore....uhhhhh!!! But I'm sure I can find one.

With that said, do I wait for the right Browning or find a Sako. At this point I could care less about the $$ I just want a .300 WSM and it must have the following. Satin wood stock w/ monte carlo, Stainless steel,some type of clip or drop plate w/ magazine, 60 or less bolt throw, push up safety in rear of reciever and most of all it must be sexy. I love good looking guns and thinkthe Sako 75 and the Abolt fit this bill well.

What do you guys think??BTW, I can wait till 07 if something better is around the corner : )
Old 11-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

9 years ago I was choosing b/t the same 2 rifles as you are now. I was completely ignorant about rifles and had no solid reasoning for going with either one. I went with the Sako and have since learned that I favor it in every way over the Browning.

If I went with the Browning, I'd still want a Sako. Since I have the Sako, I have no interest in buying a Browning.

Good luck, have fun...(btw, I'm not saying that you're ignorant about rifles like I was! ) Cheers!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

If money is not an issue, Sako, hands down.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

For ME the Browning will do anything that the Sako will do for a lot less money. IMO its a no brainer. 400 bucks means a lot to me. Besides, I have the Browning a-bolt and its a tack driver and 1000 percent reliable.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 AM

Of those exact two, I would opt for the Sako. But another Browning I would consider is the A-Bolt White Gold Medallion. Great looking stocks, at least the 5 or 6 I have seen in person. Good luck
Old 11-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Browning is my preference...perhaps a white gold medallion
Old 11-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

My choice would be sako.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Sako.

If money is an issue, buy a Savage.

If you purchasethe Browning, there will be a time in your life when you say to yourself, "I wish I bought the Sako."

If you could live withthe Winnie, instead of junior, I'd sell you mine cheap.

Good luck,
CE
Old 11-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Might I suggest a Kimber. Tom.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Sako's are great, but as stated previously, very overpriced. Buy the Browning

Quick Reply: Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.