Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington 700 custom modifications..... >

Remington 700 custom modifications.....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 custom modifications.....

Old 11-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington 700 custom modifications.....

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Nah, you do a good job giving us laughs flaming yourself with silly questions. Sad part is you don't even know that you give/gave yourself away several posts back with silly questions.
your not going to goad me into a fight so you might as well troll somewhere else.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:46 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Sorry I assumed you wanted a DM. I am not a sniper nor care to be one. Ihave no problems with DM's as a hunter which is the main reason I own guns. I have yet to experience a failure or the dreaded internet talk of losing my mag while hunting. Works for me.

Maybe find a smith you can TRUST.Or are youa conspiracy theory guywho just can't trust anyone.

Maybe thefantasy island commentis in reference to "want to be's". Thats my read. BC I am sorryif I put words in your mouth!

He's poor tattoo in the bell tower. Have to shorten that stock a little

Old 11-17-2006, 03:49 PM
bigcountry

I do have a serious question there tattoo. Why all the listing of signature of ammo and crap? I never understood that. There was one tip off.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand what you mean about mags. I do not like them myself. My uncle is a supervisor at a machine shop. They have a guy there that can fabricate about anything. I think you should try to contact a small machine shop that has a good fabricator, after all that is what you are looking for. Most gunsmiths I know are not fabricators, they are more of a mechanic.

Please, don't everybody come at me too hard. I am only talking about the gunsmith's that I know. Tom.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally HATE internal box magazines, and if I was building a custom 700 I would be going with the HS Precision box magazine. But to each their own, I have personally never seen an extended internal box magazine before, or heard of anyone attempting such a thing....
Old 11-17-2006, 05:01 PM

When I purchase a firearm, the first thing i check on it is to see that it doesn't have an internal magazine, I can live with a hinged floorplate but an internal magazine.[:@][:@]
Old 11-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I personally HATE internal box magazines, and if I was building a custom 700 I would be going with the HS Precision box magazine. But to each their own, I have personally never seen an extended internal box magazine before, or heard of anyone attempting such a thing....
The agency rifle I was using had one and I loved it. That is the only rifle I have seen that had one. I mean it's done, it's just not common.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

When I purchase a firearm, the first thing i check on it is to see that it doesn't have an internal magazine, I can live with a hinged floorplate but an internal magazine.[:@][:@]
Yeah it sucks to unload 8 lol.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

First off, if you are a sniper and need that many shots to hit your target, well, maybe you should just practice a little more at the range.

Second- Fromthe slim possibility of having to firing several times at several targets, a DM mag is the best way to go. You can carry a couple mags on your vest and have 20-30 rounds ready to go, just drop the empty mag and put in the loaded mag.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

First off, if you are a sniper and need that many shots to hit your target, well, maybe you should just practice a little more at the range.

Second- Fromthe slim possibility of having to firing several times at several targets, a DM mag is the best way to go. You can carry a couple mags on your vest and have 20-30 rounds ready to go, just drop the empty mag and put in the loaded mag.
If I thought detachable mag was the best way to go I'd probably have the HS Precision conversion on the way.

It's more of a personal preferance than a need but I appreciate your concern.

Quick Reply: Remington 700 custom modifications.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.