Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

e-mail From US Marine in Iraq

Old 11-15-2006, 07:05 PM

Default RE: e-mail From US Marine in Iraq

Rammer, nothing really big. Just a few details that need not be public information.

Ridge Runner, yep it's nice to know everything. Unfortunately noteveryone that readsthis stuffis a patriotic American.Assuming you are one, and this is a rhetorical question, why do youor anyone else not putting their lives on the line with that equipmentneed to know that stuff? There's no practical reason for it.

But back to the point. That Marine knows better than to talk openly about that stuff. It violates OPSEC. OPSEC that he's had many, many briefings on. Even the tiniest bit of seemingless insignificant information can be used against us.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:15 PM

Ranger, we been knowing the m16 was a piece of crap for 40 years, or have you forgot all the American fighting men who were slaughtered while there crappy rifles were hoplessly jammed. As I'm sure our enemy already know too well what our weaknesses are. So save your preaching for the Democrats! It's nice to hear a little truth for a change.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't get what the big problem with the ARs is? They are to prevalent and sucha sucessful design they are almost on par with the 1911? I thought that all those relability problems were back in the 70s when they were first used in Nam? I've had several buddies come back from Iraq and Afghanistan including my brother in law who is special forces. They haven't said word one obout them being troublesome.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:32 PM

As usual Fornra, feed a Jack Ass some grain and crap comes out. In your case the exit point is your mouth and typing fingers.
I've been using M16's / M4's for 18 years. They work just fine. We would like a little larger caliber, something in between the 5.56 and 7.62, but for now we're well equipped. I carried an M21 (M14) during one deployment and liked it but now I'll stick with the M4.
As for the super fine sand in Iraq, it will jam the hell out of the M4.Just as it will jamevery weapon on the planet. It's a constant battle to keep them clean.
Democrats? That's a hoot. Democrats introduced the Freedom of Information Act into congress, so other Democrats, like you, can get all this information that you don't need and can use itagainst us.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 PM

Ranger, it would seem that Joe has a differing of openion with you and I know several ex Marines who think you would be the one who'se full of crap! The consensus is that theM 16is unreliable in target practice and down right sick in a fire fight. Some of them seem to think we'd be much better armed with the M1Garand. Oh and you are right, I do tend to be Politically Incorrect, and if that requires spouting some s--t from my mouth so be it. You seem to be so full of it that you need to let some out one end or the other yourself. I had close family over there for Desert Storm and he is very sick to this day and will never overcome the so called nonexhistant poison gas. He looks worse than some Aids cases, and has been thrown away by the powers that be, so yes I feel I have a right to be an ass!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:11 PM

And by the way I don't live in a Democracry, I live in a Republic, and I am a REPUBLICAN, you're the jackass.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:15 PM

^^ alot of anger right there......

thanx for the info it was a good read
Old 11-16-2006, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: ranger140892

When is "Joe" gonna learn to keep his mouth shut? Or least not EMAIL like that. There are at least 3 counts of violating security in that email.
I did not read every word, but did not see anything in the email that you could not already read in books, magazines, newspapers or get word of mouth from many a vet or a breach of security. No big deal at all.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

thanks eldequello, very interesting, with your permission I may pass it along on other forums.
RR
Why not? I was informed today that "this e-mail has been around for several years." Could be. However, I found the weapons' evaluations to be quite interesting. As for the part about tactics, and "who is winning", I happen to believe we fight them here or over there, and I think "THERE is better..... I'd go again myself, if they'd take me!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

But back to the point. That Marine knows better than to talk openly about that stuff. It violates OPSEC. OPSEC that he's had many, many briefings on. Even the tiniest bit of seemingless insignificant information can be used against us.

What ranger140892 says here is absolutely correct. One must be familiar with the intelligence cycle to understand this point!

However, if, as I have been informed, this e-mail is several years old, nothing new is being revealed by printing it now....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.