Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Can I replace the plastic clip for Tikka T3 >

Can I replace the plastic clip for Tikka T3

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Can I replace the plastic clip for Tikka T3

Old 11-09-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Can I replace the plastic clip for Tikka T3

I just got a Tikka T3 7mm. Very nice shooting gun, but I am dissapointed that the clip is made from plastic. Can it be replaced with a metal clip?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can I replace the plastic clip for Tikka T3

With all the talk on Tikka rifles in the past , I have never heard or come across a replacement metal clip for this rifle. Just a question, you never noticed that before purchasing the rifle...
Old 11-09-2006, 07:39 PM

Well yes I knew it was plastic, but am hoping someone makes a more durable magazine as I can see this being the only weak link in this rifles durability.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:23 PM

I have used a Tikka 595 for about 5 years now, it is no longer in production and featured the plastic magazine, trust me the magazine won't break on you, and it will work just fine, unless you throw the gun around like a basketball, but in that case, I wouldn't expect any part of the gun to function correctly.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:41 PM

MThunter, have you ever shot a Glock?
Old 11-10-2006, 11:16 AM

no never shot a glock
Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 PM

Many LEO's carry them and put their lives on the lines with them. They have a LOT of "plastic".

I have only handled Tikka rifles, never owned or shot one, but I haven't heard of owners complaining about problems with the magazine.

Congrats on the rifle. I almost bought one a couple weeks ago when I bought my Savage 243, but just didn't want to spend the extra money right now, with the wife in school.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Comparing the polymer in a Glock, and other types of plastic is like comparing alluminum to steel or titanium. While they sound the same (metal), they can be very different. You can not judge one polymer to another in terms of strength, or how brittle it may or may not be.JMHO of course
Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 PM

longrifle, I haven't heard of any actual complaints that the Tikka magazines fail, therefor I assume the "plastic" used is good enough. Just another thought, what if you could get a metal magazine, would that in itself assure it would bebetter than the plastic?

As I said, I almost bought a Tikka. My plan was to buy at least one extra magazine, just in case. That would have been my plan if it would have been made of metal also.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:11 PM

longrifle, I haven't heard of any actual complaints that the Tikka magazines fail, therefor I assume the "plastic" used is good enough.
I never questioned that.

Just another thought, what if you could get a metal magazine, would that in itself assure it would bebetter than the plastic?
Of course a durable polymer would be better than brand A pot metal. But again, I never said anything about that.

What I said was, you cannot compare the polymer in a magazine to the polymer in a Glock. It is apples to oranges. The are not the same.

Quick Reply: Can I replace the plastic clip for Tikka T3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.