Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 sims recoil pad? >

sims recoil pad?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sims recoil pad?

Old 11-02-2006, 09:09 PM

Default sims recoil pad?

how well does this thing work. is it worth the money? just hypothetically, how would the felt recoil of say a 300rum come accross? have heard it stated that it tames 300 win mag down to 270 recoil. can this be true?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: sims recoil pad?

Felt recoil is something that is individualized and based on more than one factor alone: Ie: weight of the rifle, shooting technique and most important in my mind is fit to the shooter.

All said sims(remingtons R3 a sims pad), pachmayer decel, etc recoilpads reduce the felt recoil noticably vs a standard recoil pad. How much depends on the above and each individual. IMO worth the investment, I can tell the difference whenshooting others without them, my main used rifles wear either sims or pachmayer decels, so theydo work. Will it allow you to now shoot a RUM just by changing the pad NO but it may help in learning how to shoot the RUM so it doesn't hurt as much!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know how a 300 win mag will feel.

However, I put one on my 12 ga. Benelli Nova 3 1/2". And shooting 00Buck feels about like a 30-30 with 170 gr loads. It is definitely worth the $.

I would think that 12 ga. 3 1/2" buck will kick as hard as a 300 Winny, so it too would probably feel close to a 30-30, which isn't bad at all.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:13 PM

I bought a sims pad last year, for my wifes muzzle loader. I shot the gun several times, and the difference was amazing. I would say they are very much worth the money. A great investment.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-03-2006, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have both Sims and Decelerators. Both work well but I would give a slight edge to the Sims for recoil reduction. The Pachmeyer does look more 'custom' though. Less felt recoil = more shooting time = less wounded game.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

I'm really pleased with mine, which is a Remington R3 that came on my 700 CDL in .30-06.When shot it side-by-side with a BDL in the same caliber, a buddy & I both agreed the difference was amazing. When you're looking at $25-$30, I'd say go ahead & do it!

I haven't tried it vs. a Decelerator or any others, but I feel it has allowed me to be very effective ingetting rid of the flinchin my shooting.

Now, just to confuse you, James B HIGHLY recommends the Shooter Friend pad from Cabela's. From his posts, I find him to be a guy who knows what he's talking about.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

Recoil reduction is always a great idea.I shoot my 7 mag all day with the Hi-Viz pad on it and fell very little recoil. The sims is a great pad too. Thats why Remington is now putting them on their rifles!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:10 PM

The improvement is HUGE.
The biggest improvement comes from both the felt recoil and, most importantly for me the pad is soft enough to contort to my shoulder during recoil which evenly spreads out the recoil.
I can't say enough about how pleased I am with this recoil pad.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:12 AM

I fitted one onto my Ruger # 1 458 Win Mag, and recoil levels were down to 375 H&H felt recoil.

Quick Reply: sims recoil pad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.