Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

savage

Old 10-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default savage

who likes the savage more than any other rifle . i know i sure do it's cheaply priced but shoot better than the rifles than cost a as much as a new car does
Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 PM

Default RE: savage

I just bought my second one today! They are remarkable, with such crazy low prices.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

i agree 100% and they have stevens
Old 10-27-2006, 08:08 PM

I agree totally, they are shooters at a really cheap price. Some don't have the fancy looks of the more pricey guns but hey looks don't kill accuracy does.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:53 PM

I don't like the word (cheep) when discussing Savage! Bargain suites them better. I once read an articial in a shooting magazine about the Weatherby Varmint Master. The wrighter of this articial bragged to no end about the extreme quality of this rifle, the accuracy and how deadly it would be on chucks, and P dogs. In the little table where he listed the accuracy results, only one load made 1moa, and the rest went to almost 2moa. And at over $1200 all I could do is laugh. I was supprised he was honest enough to print those groups, hell my Marlin 45-70 will do better than that!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2006, 01:42 PM

the gun market is 10 times more appealing with the savage line out there. Spectacular guns designed to be workhorses. Haven't met a remington that can't outshoot a savage without costing over 1000 dollars. My stevens 200 can shoot .4 AVERAGE groups with cheap 45gr WWB JHP ammo!!! I put a nikon monarch on this sic little tacdriver and coated the stock in camo masking tape - something that stiffened it up immensly. The monarch is the perfect addition. I couldn't be happier! The stock trigger can be adjusted quickly and to a great hunting level. I don't see what the big fuss about them is.

I'll never buy anything but a savage. great BARGAIN for unbelievable accuracy. these people really care about their guns.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like my Savage a whole lot & its a geat shooter & it was a exellent price- Marked down even - It was $250 in stainless steel/synthetic stock/scope( its a little older so it dosnt have the ajistable trigger tho)
I may have to get anotherone or one of those stevens sometime in a different caliber.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:19 PM

I was looking for a 22-250 about a year ago. A buddy at work kept bragging on his Savage. He took me out one day to shoot. When I went comparing prices, I could not turn down the Savage. After having it for about 6 months, I have gone and bought to more of their long rifles.

No comparision for the accuracey and price.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Deadeye777

the gun market is 10 times more appealing with the savage line out there. Spectacular guns designed to be workhorses. Haven't met a remington that can't outshoot a savage without costing over 1000 dollars.
I have. It's called a Remington 700P Light Tactical Rifle.

They are capable of one hole groups at 100 yards and 0.6" groups at 200 yards with factory ammo.

Quick Reply: savage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.