HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Slugs For Shotgun"s (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/159247-slugs-shotgun-s.html)

uncle matt 10-13-2006 06:31 AM

RE: Slugs For Shotgun"s

ORIGINAL: Magnum_Man_300 We can't recommend anything because different slugs shoot differently in different shotguns, the best thing for you to do is to try a few and see what your gun likes.
Magnum Man is correct. tbuck, what gun and barrelare you asking about. It is very important to take the rate of rifling into the equation when starting your search. The faster slugs like the 1700-2000 fps offerings generally do not shoot well out of barrels that shoot the slower 1500 fps and under offerings well.

tbuck300wsm 10-14-2006 08:48 PM

I went out today and shot ... I had lightfeild and the sst sabots from hornaday.. at 50yds the light feilds were shooting holes on top of each other,, I was pleasently surprise to say the least lol. the sst sabots didnt group as well as the light feilds I guesse my new 870 rem likes lightfeilds,,, I shot them at 100yds and they grouped like 2 inch groups cant complaine lol.... I will Be shooting the Light feilds this year and I hope cabelas keeps carrying them other wise I need to find out who sells them .......???????????????????????????

Rebel Hog 10-14-2006 08:54 PM

Delete

USNRETHunter 10-14-2006 09:18 PM

Went out yesterday and sighted in. Hornady SST's shooting great from my Nova with Bushnell Holosight. There was another shooter that had put some clay pidgeons on the berm past the 100 yd targets and my shooting buddy was sighting in his new Knight ML. After we were both pretty well sighted in, he said to take a shot at one of the clays. I was skeptical, but took the shot and nailed it. TheSST's are accurate and flat, I thinkthey are my new slug for the year.

tbuck300wsm 10-15-2006 07:33 PM

like I said the other day I shot again today and thrse slugs from LIGHTFEILD SABOTS are litlerly shoting one on top of hole out of my 870 rifle slug gun at the range today again im very HAPPY////////

asphaltman 10-16-2006 01:17 PM

In regards to the hornadys me and a buddy where trying them out he shoots a model 1100 with a hastings slug barrell and a 3x9 scope in 12 Ga,I was shooting a 500 mossberg with a 24'' rifled barrell with a 3x9 scope in 20 Ga.
Set up the target 162 yards according to the range finder.We both were very inconsistant sometimes it would hit the target sometimes it wouldn't at first I thought it was just my gun I shot 20 round and hit the target 8 times and then he tried it shot 10 times and only hit it twice!We both shoot quite a bit so I don't think it was are fault,has anyone else tried it at longer ranges? The bullets didn't drop much they just flew everywhere.

sc003ro 10-17-2006 03:25 PM

my gun did not shoot the sst hornady's well at all,..they were all over the target at 100 yards. 50 was ok ..I tried two different days becausxe I thought it was me

So far Federal Premiums (expensive) or buckhammers shoots best

I have an 870 express

sc003ro 10-17-2006 03:26 PM

BTW. you are right nothing low ...just to the left and right