Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
favorite gun? >

favorite gun?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

favorite gun?

Old 11-13-2002, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: favorite gun?

Daisy Red Ryder ...lightweight low recoil and great handling.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have the most fun just plinking with the 22's or my Hornet ..Bill
Old 11-13-2002, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The gun I enjoyed firing the most was probably the M2 .50cal Heavy Machine gun followed by a toss-up between the Mk-19 40mm (belt-fed fully automatic) grenade launcher and the 60mm mortar (a "shake-n-bake" mission fired at night is a sight to behold). There is nothing quite as exciting as manning a M2 during an exhibition night shoot for a bunch of Marine recruiters and possible enlistees. It was the coolest shoot I've ever seen. We had 4 .50cal's, 4 Mk-19's, 8 M240G MMG's, 8 M249 SAW's, and 30 more Marines with M16A2's loaded with all tracers. When we demonstrated "final protective fire" (i.e. the enemy's right on top of you and you're firing off everything you've got before switching to hand-to-hand combat) it looked like Star Wars meets Normandy. Just one solid sheet of tracers. I don't think anything bigger than a ground squirrel could survive that barrage.

Mike

Gun control means putting the second bullet through the same hole as the first- Ted Nugent
NRA Member
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin
Old 11-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

surprised alot of you like your bolt guns and "deer" rifles...(you might not use them for deer but htey are good guns for it thats why i pu the "&quot i mean...i like shooting the mauser but not too much excitment comes from it...but than again i guess not everybody is lucky enough to be in my situation and my best friends dad owns a gun shop and owns alota neat toys and we used to goto his camp every weekend and id get to shoot what i wanted free...hed run a couple guns by me and my friend(his son) and see what we wanted to shoot that weekend...if theres used guns in his shop he gladly hands it to me and tells me to take it to the range and see if i want it...ive never done it but could if i wanted..i guess i am pretty lucky...i couldnt count how many guns ive fired and im only 15...pretty neat results from the question...id love to fire some of the big machine guns...i only fired one belt fed a browning 1919 and it wasnt funcioning properly at the time so i got like a 3 round burst and that was it...id love to fire a belt fed 50cal...or a 40mm...the guy has one but never brought it up...i dont think his is a machine gun though lol...still be something diffrent...and firing the main gun on a tank...whoa! that would be something to remember!

Old 12-02-2002, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

I love shooting my SKS, its so much fun. But nothing gets me more excited than seeing brown go down when i squeeze the trigger on my 700 BDL 7 mag.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:27 PM

Magnum Research 50AE Desert Eagle.
With the 300gr Hollow points.
50% of the deer I have shot with it have rolled.
You have to reload though, The ammo costs $1.30 a shot
when store bought. It's about 25cents to reload.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:36 PM

Pea Shooter -
12" Red barreled straw chambered at .22 caliber shooting 20 grain peas at 50 feet per second. You have to be careful with the recoil from this monster though. It will ram itself right into your tonsils if not careful.

But seriously, 12 gauge, Winchester Model 12. Nothing like shooting a classic pump shotgun with a lot of history. Grandfathers gun passed down to dad and hopefully someday passed down to me.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Remington 700 in 300 rum.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2002, 06:26 PM

Moisin Nagant M44!! The .454's pretty fun, but I like shooting that Nagant at night with the muzzle blast that looks like a big fire ball. The old gun gets a lot of attention when I take it out.

Quick Reply: favorite gun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.