Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning A-Bolt >

Browning A-Bolt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning A-Bolt

Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Browning A-Bolt

I would like to here about some of your good and bad experiences with the Browning A-Bolt rifles in Whitetail Calibers
Old 09-10-2006, 08:35 PM

Default RE: Browning A-Bolt

I have 2. One is a 7mm-08 and the other is 7mm rem mag. I love the 7-08. not a bad thing i can say about it. My 7mm rem mag is for sale if you are interested. I just never use it. in fact i bought it new and have never fired it.

Old 09-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I owned one in 7mmremmag but I sold it after owning it less than a year.I don't like the overdesigned and slow magazine system or the tang safety that you have to release to cycle the bolt.As far as quality goes,they are well made,I just don't like the design.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Browning A-Bolt. I really like the 60 degree bolt throw in the cold weather when I have bigger bulky gloves on. While the magazine isn't the greatest design, it works and I have no complaints about it for hunting purposes, its real easy to drop the loaded round out of the chamber when gettin in an out of vehicles. The trigger on mine from the factory broke real nice, so I have yet to adjust it (its adjustable by you), and the gun groups .5 MOA with all my handloads (have never fired a factory round thru the gun.)
Old 09-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have SS Stalker chambered in 270win, good gun, reliable and accurate. I had to have the trigger honed, polished and different spring to bring it to my desired pull weight, broke clean just very heavy. I see no need for the mag system the abolt uses, give me a hinged floorplate or DM instead (nota combo).

Old 09-11-2006, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 PM

I think the best thing about the brownings is the short 60 degree bolt throw and glass bedding. my barrell is pretty rough though...lots of copper fouling.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

They're just fitted and finished awesome from the factory. Awesome shooters and look good too. I love the Bolt throw. THe trigger is very crisp and clean. I can't say theres anything I dislike. Shoot 1/2 MOA consistantly. 30-06. Is lightweight and easy to carry also. weighs right over 8 lbs scoped.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:57 AM

i own an abolt hunter fld in 7mm wsm and the thing is a real shooter -sub moa. the other experience is with a 3006 stainless stalker with the boss. also shoots excellent but a little loud. great guns overall.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have 2 A bolt Micro Hunters one in 7-08 the other in 325WSM. I like them both. I like the tang safety and the 60 degree bolt. And the rifles fit me well. I did have a bit of trouble with the 7-08. It just didn't shoot as well as I thought it should. I tried numerous loads using different powders, bullets etc. and couldn't get it to shoot better than 1 1/2". I liked it though and took it to my local smith who checked it out and did a rebedding on it. (It costs me only $25 and he had it for 2 weeks - a lot better than a turn around at Browning I think). That rifle now shoots well within 1".
The 325WSM has been a tack driver since I've had it. Even during the breakin session it was shooting tight little groups. I am keeping an extensive log on this rifle and I have only 110 rounds through this rifle including the break in. The average of 15 - 5 shot groups comes out to .749". And this is with 2 different powders and 2 different bullets. I really like my Savages but these 2 little Brownings are running a close second.

Quick Reply: Browning A-Bolt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.